Reply to Thread

Thread: Merchant/Epic items/Star coin gifts to under lvl 50 players

World
    Newfoundland

Angry Merchant/Epic items/Star coin gifts to under lvl 50 players

A few days ago i sent a gift of Ranged support to a guild member only to find out that she has to be level 50 to be able to accept it.
    I submitted a support ticket about it and now received an answer that since gifts cant be cancelled they cant do anything about it.
    If gifts cant be declined or reversed even by support there should be no option in the merchant to gift things purchased by star coins to players under level 50! At the very least there should be a warning!
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Historically Support could reverse them*, at least with gem gifts. It just took a lot of convincing and explaining that had the gifter known they would have sent something else instead of a gift meant to be used now but in fact utterly unavailable for x amount of time. I'm having trouble imagining resource-bought gifts would be more trouble to reverse than the gem sort.

Anything in the Merchant that can be gifted can be sent to anyone once you've passed the level required to unlock it, the sticky bit with Padlocked items is that the recipient can't accept it until they are high enough to actually buy it. As mentioned there is no block stopping the higher level from gifting nor any warning on either side. It's long past time for something like that, especially with people wanting to help out friends with the new Adventure buffs.

The difficult to read mouseover text says: "You have to reach Player level 23 to accept this gift."

[Edit]: *This has been niggling at me all day and having given it more thought (it was a very long time ago I received an "unacceptable" gift) I believe what actually happened in the end was that Support themselves couldn't delete the mail, that was a Dev-only thing. After the mail was deleted Support were able to refund my friend their gems. So again, it can be done, it's just a pain. That it is such a pain is another argument for some sort of warning/block so it doesn't need to be an issue at all.
    Last edited by Iolanthe; 04.12.13 at 19:55. Reason: Better info

Reply to Thread