Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Silo

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Sandycove
    The point is to have a layout that gives you completely balanced fields that never go empty with siloes. All my fields where built in february last year

I do not think all the suggestions here achieves that

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    You don't need to balance them as long as your storage is full of wheat

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by gajodoporto View Post
    now those are some really uggly layouts, or should I say those are not even layouts lol
    I'd be interested to see your presumably much superior layouts with details on output.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    The point is to have a layout that gives you completely balanced fields that never go empty with siloes. ....
    Something like this?
    But actually I would happily add an extra farm or two and either replace one field a day or top up the fields once a week. My revised aim is to maximise wheat production and keep the maintenance needs manageable not to have a perfect balance.
    By the way the silos do not top up fields if they are full - preferring to walk to a further away field that is not. That means that the economy tool is not as reliable as just looking at how much is in your fields one day compared with the previous day.

World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavona View Post
    Something like this?
    But actually I would happily add an extra farm or two and either replace one field a day or top up the fields once a week. My revised aim is to maximise wheat production and keep the maintenance needs manageable not to have a perfect balance.
    By the way the silos do not top up fields if they are full - preferring to walk to a further away field that is not. That means that the economy tool is not as reliable as just looking at how much is in your fields one day compared with the previous day.
    Don't use the eco toolfor that. You should simply, while placing Silos and Farms in a specific layout, place SIlos so that the summary walking time from them to the storehouses is smaller than the summary walking time from Farms. Like I did with my layout on page 1. Right now my Silos are sometimes refilling fields I have in sec3.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Sandycove
    Merxe, not sure if I'm just missing one of them, but does your layout have 11 farms and 12 silos? I only see 5 farms in the top half.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Why should it matter how a player arrived at their solution. If it works it ain't broke so don't fix it.

I agree with Thrade about Merxe's layout, the river has prevented a farm from being placed so 11 farms & 12 silo's.
    Last edited by Dorotheus; 02.01.14 at 10:18.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    This setup has a perfect balance between the silos and the farms.

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyandur View Post
    This setup has a perfect balance between the silos and the farms.
    No doubt a nice layout, but it is also a point to have as many siloes and farms and only one field to save space on a crowded island

World
    Northisle
    13 Farms + 13 Silos balanced in S5

Last edited by Rieux1972; 04.01.14 at 01:11.

Reply to Thread