Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Help on friends Islands

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland

Help on friends Islands

A the moment when a friend is away from the game for several days all we are able to do is visit to keep in producing and buffing there buildings, it would be good if we were able to rebuild some of there things that have stopped producing ie: mines that have become depleted, fields, wells, marble, stones and so on ( i think you get the picture).
    To do this you would have to use your own resources, showing your friend or guild team mate what this game is all about ....friendship/team work!

Just think that it would be more interesting instead of just visiting and seeing things demolished and not being able to do anything. Doesn't matter how well you plan things before you go away there's always something that happens, and when you return all your doing for several hours is rebuilding instead of getting on and enjoying the game.

Well what do you think? ( only an idea ...don't shoot me. )

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    I think that would be a brilliant idea. Funny thing is i was thinking exactly the same thing last week when I was visiting a friend's island and many of his buildings had gone pear-shaped. Let's hope the devs take this idea into consideration in some not so distant future.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Thanks MajorRulz lets hope that someone from BB reads this. Just thought it would be more interesting, to be able to do something than just visiting and buffing.

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    Who's geologists do you use for refinding deposits?

What happens if 2 or more players are on the island and the building limit gets exceeded?

Sounds like a good idea in principle but it would be almost impossible to put into reality.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Thanks for your input Gytha_Ogg, there good points.

1. When you visit friends Island to buff you have all the buffs visible in your star, well if your geologists were in there as well you could send them to do what is required, then once they finish they could return to your star for re-tasking (short time task) or if you leave friends Island then once geologist has finished he returns automatically back to your island. (like armies do)

2.Building limit shouldn't exceed as your only replacing what is destroyed, not adding additional buildings.

Forum Explorer
    World
    Sandycove
    1.a) To buff a friend's building takes cost for you and advantage for your friend. Him/her benefit is not only your expense (what he/she saves), but buff and its effect lasts longer. This effects are good motivation to swap, its result any extra gain on both side without extra costs. A win-win situation. But the time generally, even time of geolog's search is not an easy to appraise, so not quite clear in details what would the benefit of, or how could work any search time swap.

1.b) If you send troops to fight and after leave the adventure island (return to home island, visit other island or quit TSO) you only get a letter on the result of battle. Troops wait on adv. island till your visit again and send them home. It could happen explicitly by "Send armies back" button or by "Return to home" button on a ready adventure. So in parallel, geologs should send a letter on findings and wait till you visit again friendly island. However geologs can be sent out from the Star, while generals can be sent to by the button of an adventure. So there is not any button to send anything to a friendly island or to send back geolog in any sense. I mean, generals and geologs are not be considered in parallel. Unfortunately.

2. This limits are pointless. Only one limit necessary: the island owner's option even he/she wants/accepts friendly help or not. --- It is generally not sure that any intervention is desirable and welcome by the recipient. Also not expectable a letter to all of friends and guildies: "please leave me alone for a while", or other case: "now you can maintain my island if you care". Naturally, the saved time and its production while friend away from TSO and mines taken into account as depleted, are net profit. However, to build any on others island is an intervention, what is intended to, but does not only raise the production, but can consume resources and/or places planned to other use...

(On other hand: to maintain an other island looks like playing on more islands. Something as more account in same hand, what is not allowed.)

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    37 mine locations which could be replaced, player has 6 free licences. How do you decide which ones they want building. Think about it, the question is not as simple as it looks at first glance.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    ok thanks for your points, like I said right from the start it was only an idea. Would liked to have had more positive comments coz who knows it may have made it a little more interesting, but hey never mind its only a game.
    Thanks again.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    +1

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    +1
    Maybe if you could only build things that doesn't require a licence? You could, for eg. rebuild fields and wells, and find new deposits (marble comes to mind...) but not build mines etc.

Reply to Thread