Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Move Building Option

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle

Unhappy Move Building Option

Having an issue with the Move Building command

On first attempt, it said my build queue was full, so i waited

When i slot became available i tried again, its just greyed out, and no mouse over message

Refreshed, and tried again, same result

Have also just tried the usual, clear cookies and cache on firefox, with the same result
    Last edited by Thankme; 12.12.13 at 06:11. Reason: Tried again

World
    Sandycove
    At the moment the move building option has been disabled completely.

Quote Originally Posted by BB_Ravel View Post
    Move buildings:
    The function was deactivated on short notice due to a critical bug that could lead to locked zones.
    We are working on an hot fix and we will keep you posted.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland

Can not move the building

After the update on 12th Dec,the button of moving building is not available like this

I have re-logined already,but it is not work.
    Attached Images

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    SAME AS ABOVE!!!!plus xmas collectibles doesn't shown up yet , is that normal?

World
    Sandycove
    Hi eugenio-82,

if you read the post before unundead you'll see the reason why you can't move buildings.
    For the collectibles you can read this thread: http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...t-collectibles

Town Crier
    World
    Northisle
    Whilst I realise this function was disabled to prevent a bug that resulted in people being locked out, now that many people have bought new buildings, with presents and so forth, it is starting to cause a significant degree of frustration at not being able to move things around to accommodate new purchases efficiently.

The fact that new threads are continuing to crop up about this is a testament to the fact of how badly publicised the disabling of a critical function was. Such a decision should have been announced in a News item on the front page as it is certainly a more relevant and noteworthy piece of information to the players on this server than, for example, the "Wedding Bells in TSO" item last month.

Correct me if I am wrong, but it is my understanding that a script runs every day to clear any lockouts. Assuming that is correct, I would suggest that if the fix necessary to reactivate the move function permanently is not imminent that it should be temporarily activated for an hour or two before that script runs to allow people to attempt to rearrange their islands, whilst ensuring that, should they get affected by the bug, they are only locked out of the game for a short while.

Forum Explorer
    World
    Sandycove
    Hm. Rearrange a whole island is not an everyday task, so moving building is not an essential option, imo. If that is inavitably necessary, there had to be some of its symptoms long before. And, if an economical system could somehow work so far, will continue work for a while, probably few days or a week. Maybe a little uncomfortable, but it is just pointless activate a potentially bugy option, even for a certain duration. That time for testing in wild, is it really bugy, or what?
    On other hand the newly purchased buildings (deeds) are mostly can be demolished and rebuild without extra costs.

Town Crier
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Brankovics View Post
    Hm. Rearrange a whole island is not an everyday task...
    On other hand the newly purchased buildings (deeds) are mostly can be demolished and rebuild without extra costs.
    Who said anything about rearranging a whole island? ...and whilst moving even a few buildings is not an everyday task, events where extra limited buildings, such as recyclers, are made available are not everyday occurances either.

Yes, deeds return to star, effectively enabling you to move those buildings by dismantling and rebuilding. However, they do lose any upgrades in the process, some of which can be quite expensive, as can moving them after they have been upgraded to high level, so it is best to place them in the best possible position before those upgrades take place, a process which frequently involves moving other buildings out the way, some of which may not be deeds.

Lockouts are not a new problem, neither is moving buildings being one of the causes (which is why we got a cooldown period between moves implemented recently, or so I have been told), but one could make a strong argument that the early stages of an event of this nature, when most 'enthusiastic' players will be working hard to get the new buildings, is the worst possible time to disable this function.

Whilst I have been hit by a lockout twice before myself, neither time was it, in any way, related to moving a building, neither have I spoken to anyone in game that moved a building and got locked out. I have, however, spoken to people such as one of my guild mates, who can only ever choose to place one silo per day due to that process instantly causing a lockout for him every time, whereas both of my crashes occurred before I even owned one silo and I have successfully placed over thirty of them since then with no incident, and even moved some of them around (which is another thing that has been known to cause problems), and neither has moving anything else around caused this error for me.

Therefore, it occurs to me that certain players (or rather their computer, operating system and/or browser) are more prone to certain causes of this bug than others. Whilst you may think it is pointless and, if my idea were to be implemented, you would be free to choose not to take the risk. However, at the moment, those of us that would like to try have simply had it taken away because of a bug that might cause us problems, even despite a track record which suggests it won't.

Still, nothing will get done now until Monday at the very earliest, which means we should probably count ourselves fortunate if they return the move function to us at the next maintenance and even more so if they actually bother to tell us it's been fixed... maybe we'll get more photos of German players getting married instead... who knows?

World
    Sandycove
    Whilst the work around of the timer was working reasonably well before event, there appeared to be an even more serious lock out bug when the movement of buildings function was combined with the Christmas event on test, resulting in many players being locked out for over a week, ( I'm sure the normal script was tried and failed to resolve the issue for those players). A permanent fix is already under going its second period of testing on test, but rather than rush an untested `fix' onto live, with the possible repeat of `serious' lock outs occurring during such a time of both an event and the Christmas one at that, I think it was a wise decision to play safe and remove the function temporarily whilst the fix is well tested.
    When I first started playing we had to demolish buildings and rebuild in order to move them, so even if it takes the full three weeks of the event without this function, I am grateful that we have had this function implemented and will have it again at some point. If it means I have to keep my new purchases in my star till the event is over, so be it, I've been `locked out' and it is not a nice feeling logging on the next day and wondering if your game is `finished', worth thinking about
    Are we to be told of adventure changes or not? 1 Month on and still SNEAKY RB changes have not been mentioned

Town Crier
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Larili View Post
    Whilst the work around of the timer was working reasonably well before event, there appeared to be an even more serious lock out bug when the movement of buildings function was combined with the Christmas event on test, resulting in many players being locked out for over a week, ( I'm sure the normal script was tried and failed to resolve the issue for those players). <SNIP>
    Ah... I wasn't aware that the lockouts this caused were more severe than those previously reported. Thank you for taking the time to explain. However, whilst the reasons for removing it are justifiable, the poor communication of them to the player base really isn't.

Reply to Thread