Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Master Architect

Town Councillor
    World
    Newfoundland
    No, a bench or a tree is not a decoration building it is a decoration. A building is something like a storehouse or witch tower or noble.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Agreed it could, and should, be clearer in this case but it's pretty clear the game's default thinking for most anything it builds is "Building" first.

All the other details come after that. (Garrisons may well be the exception to this but that's rather beside the point.) That said it would be nice if a little more thought were put into how regular people interpret words, especially when gems (possible real money) are concerned.

I don't know where the numbers were sourced but here's what siedlertools.de show for the Master Architect's possibilities:

http://www.siedlertools.de/wiki/Meisterarchitekt
    Last edited by Iolanthe; 12.12.13 at 19:54.

Wordsmith
    World
    Northisle
    Thanks crone_mea

see description
    Buildnig deed: christams tree

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Northisle
    You're playing semantics... A tree is NOT a building.

Town Councillor
    World
    Newfoundland
    I have no argument to that as you are right everything says building.

But common sense tells me a Christmas tree is not a building or a field is not a building.

Also if they are able to write that then why don't they? The mysterious decoration box had it written that you would get a "decoration building" yet the Master Architect box said nothing of the nature?

BlueByte I am convinced purposely mislead people to maximise gem sales which is wrong

If they could write it on that then why not on the new one also?

Further more why make a new item named "Master Architect" when it is exactly the same as the Mysterious decoration box? there is no reason except to mislead and trick.
    Last edited by PChamps; 12.12.13 at 20:06.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by stefanceltare View Post
    You're playing semantics... A tree is NOT a building.
    The wee Weebles banging madly away building them might disagree.

While it's not particularly intuitive (and this should be considered when writing descriptions) in game terms a "Christmas Tree" or "Broken Wheel" etc. are all buildings.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    I'm misleaded too and very,very angry. This makes me thinking that I will not spend any money anymore to this game.... or maybe I will stop playing this.

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    just to point out that the old random decoration box had a chance of getting witch towers

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    I did try this when it was live on tests server and I did like what I got from it. This way, i have spent some gems and some gold coins in the live server in them and cant really complain about results.

What i mean is, everyone could have tried it before it went to live and see his result. In test server we have tons of free gems to spare so you can try anything you want in there so I am really sorry but I see this as a big excuse for just pure bad luck in chests. Just my opinion.

Just to finish, I bought around 40-45 boxes, got 5 manors, 9 arctic mines, 1 witch tower, around 5 pirate residences, and lots of chris trees, bunnies, and pavilions. I am really happy with the result.

Reply to Thread