Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Settlers Advent Calender Isn't working

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle

Settlers Advent Calender Isn't working

I logged in Yesterday and opened the Advent Calendar, got my 100 fish Prize, but today it still won't let me open the second door.

Also, I read the requirements for opening the 24th day door, unless you're allowed to open more than 1 door a day, I calculate that it will be impossible time wise for anyone who started the Christmas event to open the door by the 24th of December and claim their prize. Maybe by the 7th of January but not by December 24th.

World
    Sandycove
    There isn't a `Settlers `Advent' Calendar, Kanhai , there is a Settlers `Event' Calendar, it functions like an `Advent' Calendar but works through the days of the event not just up to Christmas.
    The event should of started at close of maintenance Today, so how you got it yesterday, unless you were on a different server group I do not know, but this is day one for the English speaking servers, so the first door is the only one available to you at this time, officially anyway
    Are we to be told of adventure changes or not? 1 Month on and still SNEAKY RB changes have not been mentioned

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    I live in Canada and play on the European Server. Time wise its been over 16 hours.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    The "Settler's Day" on these servers starts at 2am GMT, that's when the daily quests arrive and the login bonus timer resets. Time zones can make the 'day' seem strange but it is the same for everyone. It sounds like you're right on track.
    Last edited by Iolanthe; 12.12.13 at 18:42.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanhai View Post
    I live in Canada and play on the European Server. Time wise its been over 16 hours.
    Last I checked days on Earth lasted 24 hours.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    I stand somewhat corrected. And puzzled. O.o

The Settler's Day may reset in the wee hours but the event calender seems to have other plans and is content with a much earlier time:

It unlocked door #2 at some point before I noticed and clipped this but it may be counting from Maintenance. (Which would be a little odd but still make sense.) Or something.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Also remember the reset time from the launching of the Xmas event to day 2 was only 19 hours. (6pm AEST to 1pm AEST)

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    Confirmed, the advent calendar is not working to the system clock. Instead of starting the new day at 2am, it is 'rolling over' at either midnight Germany time or midnight UK time.
    Nasty surprise, when I found I had to pay an unspecified amount of gems to open Door 1 at 00:06 hrs, or lose the entire chain to get the Gold Tower.

Dirty trick BB, you should be ashamed of yourselves.

World
    Newfoundland
    It's not an unspecified amount, if you mouse over the locked door, it says 20 gems (50 for red doors). The new days quests start around 12:15 so not sure why you'd think the doors would have a different timer.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Just a hint.. This is European servers so better refer to GMT or this discussion might get lost for most of us.. ^^

Reply to Thread