Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Economy Overview Overview

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove

Economy Overview Overview

Hello all, i do believe this is my 1st post.

I don't think this change has been suggested.

Its really a small one.

Is it possible to group the wheat, water, flour, and meat production up in food? that is the place i would love to see it, rather than have to click on "resources" to see it.

Also, wouldnt it make sense to place the cutter production up in building resources next to the planks? just for ease of convenience.

Also, i would love to see all my "rocks" in one place and the metals they produce (copper, iron, stone, marble, gold, titanium etc)

Would it be a good idea if something showed up in 2 different areas because it overlaps in purpose? such as wheat (because it can be spun into gold now)

I hope it makes sense.

X

Forum Explorer
    World
    Sandycove
    After a while nearly everything should appear in every category, so imho, not a good suggestion. EO is more or less a clear-cut now. If you want see something together with its resources down to the roots, you can. Also another grouping in any storehouse...

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    I like the idea. No matter where they are you get used to finding them. But the suggestion does make sense to me. So +1 from me.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Where do you put Water or Coal, lots of uses for those two items. Occam's razor and KISS show us the way to go here.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    Where do you put Water or Coal, lots of uses for those two items. Occam's razor and KISS show us the way to go here.
    Ah ok, this is what i really meant about placing multiple items in different categories. I just really think all food should be under food, and minerals and metals under a separate category. That last category of resources is very broad, covers too much.

It would just mean we could just check all foods under food. Water may have multiple places, as does gold right now (i forget where, but it comes up 2x)

All in all, feed back from us may get to the design team who may come up with something better!

Forum Explorer
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Xoramung View Post
    ... may have multiple places, as does gold right now (i forget where, but it comes up 2x) ...
    You could find it twice nowhere. The gold COIN is in building materials, whilst gold ORE and BAR are in resources category. Items used as resources elsewhere are in Resources category, end items are in all other categories. Thats while e.g. flour is not in food, but resources. If resources should appear in same categories where end items based on them, then weapons and science should be nearly the same, and real weapons and real science system related items would be harder to find. That case means confusing and pointless categorisation...

All in all, EO is well categorised tool, the only inconsistency is pumpkins in resources while other event items are nowhere.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    The suggestions aint that bad, and I also prefer to see the logs on the building material as its more logical to think chain then premade category.

1. Different - categorized when seeing at the structure of the Mayors House.
    A reason the visually presentations dosent make total logical, is because at the mayor house they have divided it inn degree on the RARITY of the product rather then its ORGIN.

2. The "Resource" tab - it`s to big. Its better to chunk it down.

3. Bars - inn the "Resource" tab you can discuses if the "Bars"(steel,iron,.....) is rely a resource after its has bin refine into a product.

I.e some concrete suggestion of moving items.

> Granit = "Bulding Material"
    > Meat = "Food"

New tab called: "Metall" (Ores + Bars) Steel,Iron,Titanium,Copper and Gold
    Last edited by Hexagon4; 21.12.13 at 10:36.

Forum Explorer
    World
    Sandycove
    Ops, you are right, granit should be at Building materials, as exowood planks. Maybe Resources category should be revised, so such items like bean, beanstalk, pumpkins (and missing event items) should be in a Miscellaneous category, also items arrives by explorers and couldn't be produced elseway need another source-icon (tree, hills and mine are little bit confusing). But such items like meat and flour are resources, because can not be used else way, so maybe in everyday meaning they are foods, but not here. Similarly water needed for foods and weapon (as if horse a weapon), but in both respect is a resources.

its more logical to think chain then premade category
    The EO is just the tool to look whole producing chains in one place from the root. You can see every item's chain, also resources category has this possibility, even in very details, building by building. Did you looked anything else than the categories in EO? So what's the point of resources in other categories?

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Brankovics View Post
    You could find it twice nowhere. The gold COIN is in building materials, whilst gold ORE and BAR are in resources category. Items used as resources elsewhere are in Resources category, end items are in all other categories. Thats while e.g. flour is not in food, but resources. If resources should appear in same categories where end items based on them, then weapons and science should be nearly the same, and real weapons and real science system related items would be harder to find. That case means confusing and pointless categorisation...

All in all, EO is well categorised tool, the only inconsistency is pumpkins in resources while other event items are nowhere.
    Yes your right. What i mean is when you click on a resource production chain, it shows you the whole map of items, gold comes under gold coins, and if you click on wheat, you can see gold. It would come up twice say if they implement a metals group (as hexagon said as well) because its a building resource and a metal. Im sure they can work that much out

But all in all i just want logical groupings for my resources.

Forum Explorer
    World
    Sandycove
    Eh. This is just one thing, that items are called "Coin" or "Gold" and in tandem with them graphical representation reminds you to something, which happens to be metal in everyday life, but it is totally irrelevant from the game's aspect. There are items as primary commodity for others, called resources, even if they produced. Other items, let say end products, are used in four area: building, recruiting, science system and buff making. No any reason to mix them and resources, because this categorization fits the structure of the game as well.

So, it's easy. If you want a logical grouping, firstly try to discover the game inherent logic... That's the half the game

Reply to Thread