Reply to Thread

Thread: We need a longer game arch

Quartermaster
    World
    Northisle

Lightbulb We need a longer game arch

All the stuff we've had the last year, it just makes the game more complex. Guildcoins & guildmarket, starcoins, it is just more of the same. It's overwhelming for a new player and it doesn't add to the gameplay. It's not more fun.

We need something to do when we're lvl 50 and we're rich.
    People suggested more room to build on the island, but that's not it. That's just more of the same.
    Collectibles is just another clickfest.

What we really need is a new challenge. And why not kill several birds with one stone?

We could have all lvl 50 players in a guild work together to build a lighthouse.
    When it's build, this lighthouse would attract foreign trade and we could trade them for wheat. The wheat would be distributed evenly amongst the members of the guild and this would allow to demolish farmers and silos, freeing up more room on the island.

Or, the guild would be able to make an "expedition" and that would lead to a source of wheat...

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Wreckless- View Post
    We need something to do when we're lvl 50 and we're rich.
    Get outside more?

But, seriously, people have been asking for this for ages. I don't think it's going to happen. The goal seems to be producing large amounts of simple content, and getting it out regularly (whether it's properly tested or not), ignoring the reasons most of us oldtimers got sucked into the game in the first place.

Also, how does your "build a lighthouse" quest become a challenge rather than just a resource sink?

Quartermaster
    World
    Northisle

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Gerontius View Post
    Get outside more?
    Hmmm, I have considered this, but no.

And the difference between a challenge and a resource sink is between the ears of the beholder.
    The bonus would be that a steady stream of affordable wheat would open up building slots that are now taken by farms, wheatfields and silos.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle
    We have the wonderful addition of epic raids but with less than wonderful rewards. All you really care for is the Major general and possibly the gold towers or Quartermaster. I already have 3 towers, the major, and for me the quartermaster isn't that hot so I have basically stopped collecting beans. Whether you consider the epic raids a challenge or a resource sink is of course up to you.

What I think could work would be to make a 6th building level available costing beanstalks. For example 1000 for basic, 2000 for intermediate, 3000 for advanced and 5000 for expert buildings. A 6th building level isn't balance-wrecking in comparison to lower level players. On the other hand, since many already have a set buff regime of 50-100 (or 200 or 300 :P) per basket round, it would increase the profit gained from the buffs while no extra amount of buildings nor buffs would be required (considering the rich lv50's tend to have their island packed and provision house in 24/7 use already).

First and foremost this would provide longevity to the epic raid adventures. For 400 buildings with an average of 2500 beanstalks to upgrade, one would need 1,000,000 beanstalks! The point wouldn't be to get all your buildings to lv6 in the next two months; it would give purpose for regular gameplay in between events and while we wait for PvP, if that ever will become a reality...

Secondly this would make the fairytale castle a bit more useful since beanstalks would be required in the long run, not just for the month or two you rush for the Major gen and gold towers.

Thirdly, it would create a bit of a trade-off with the crash of the map fragment prices due to the new Provision house. A player is very inclined now to play Roaring Bull or other profitable adventures that used to be costly to acquire, since that cost has diminished to a fraction of what it used to be. But since these adventures don't provide beans, playing epic raids would be the only way to get 6th level buildings. Trade between materials like weapons and granite, acquired from these cheap advs, and beans would ultimately lead to a balance between doing the two types of adventures.

All of this is still inferior to having a meaningful PvP feature. But since I fear we are still going to be waiting for that for another 2 years, one added building level shouldn't be too much to ask in the meanwhile.

Quartermaster
    World
    Northisle
    If we pay for the wheat with beans, we would have achieved the same goal. And the higher lvl players would have to rethink their economy.

Reply to Thread