World
    Northisle
    1 noble (95gems) = ~1500 exotic wood

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by hades8840 View Post
    10k geez how many ews do you have
    I do have around 100 exosamill now some lv2 some lv1 but they were more as i depleted around 20 a week ago.

World
    Newfoundland
    This is amazing. Using this building is worse than just buying exo logs with gems directly.

I can't even imagine what went through the designers head in the pricing phase. "Man this building looks sweet. This should be at LEAST as expensive as 20 master architect boxes"...
    EVO is recruiting.
    Players of all levels and experiences welcome. We like to teach.
    Take a look at our recruitment thread, or send me a PM if you're interested.
    Join the evolution today!

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    Go back to drawingboard but on Earth and not in Space or wherever you work!!!!!!

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by EctoRune View Post
    This is amazing. Using this building is worse than just buying exo logs with gems directly.

I can't even imagine what went through the designers head in the pricing phase. "Man this building looks sweet. This should be at LEAST as expensive as 20 master architect boxes"...
    I was about to post the same, but you were faster.

No matter how many times you say: "Please keep in mind that this is the first test version of the new building. Hence, the final design and balancing may differ. " this new building is an insult to all of us who are playing 1+ year or just to all who are playing. (moneywise)

For 495 gems you can buy 500 exo-logs - so for 1980 gems you can have 2000 instantly not to wait 40+minutes to get 1-5 and pay 1950 gems...and the best part you can buy only one per week -> LOL I don't think anyone in their right mind would buy that unless they feel this urgent craving to have all the buildings available. (is this what you were going for?)

On the other hand I would like to see how many players bought the 500 exo-logs deal for 495 gems on all the servers/worlds (from the start) because I really doubt those statistics would even justify to make just one little step towards the decision of designing this building. (once again - moneywise)

It's nice - graphically - indeed it's very nice, but you should give it for "free" (loot from adventure) or for some 200 guild coins in guild shop.

Please keep in mind that this is NOT the first time we play this game!

PS - You could have rather invest the time into PvP - I can't believe it was promised around August / September 2012 (maybe even sooner) as something to be ready in 2013 and in a few days we will have 2014 and there are no news about PvP...it's just sad

PS2 - Usually there are two camps of people - once who like the idea and the other not so much, but from what I saw until now there are only counter comments; so maybe it's an indication of how bad is this idea ... if there was a comment of someone liking this I must have overlooked it, sorry.
    Last edited by sk_setttler; 20.12.13 at 00:09.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    As of the moment the building is overpriced.

Some rough math (sors for rounding and truncations):

You may have 500 EWL for 500 Gems from the shop = approx 2k EWL for 2k gems.
    The Exotic Tree School gives 1200 unbuffed for the same 2k gems (-5%), so you need at least 800 more from buffs
    800/1200 = 66% uptime when buffed x2 only to copmensate, or 33% uptime when buffed x3.

Approximate 40mins per 1 EWL
    Daily production: 24*60 mins / 40 min = 36 EWL per day (a bit less)
    @lvl 4 = 144 / day << 8.3 days to gather all
    @lvl 5 = 180 / day << 6.6 days to extract all

lvl 4 costs 600 gold + marble
    lvl 5 costs 800 exotic planks + 1000 granite (IMO: forget),

@lvl 5 you need 1600 / 1200 to compensate the costs = 130% uptime buff x2 (impossible) or 65% uptime buff x3
    (Update): buffing your Exotic Sawmill take this down to 800+400 = 1200 / 1200 logs (100% uptime with x2 buffs or 50% with x3 buffs)
    Granite cost is not included here!

To conclude you need to provide at least:
    66% *8.3 days = 5.5 days uptime x2 buff @ lvl 4
    33% *8.3 days = 2.8 days uptime x3 buff @ lvl 4
    50% *6.6 days = 3.3 days uptime x3 buff @ lvl 5
    (Update: fixed uptime for lvl5 to 50%)
    x2 buffs @ lvl5 are always loss

Net gains compared to 4 Exotic Wood Log Packs form the shop (2k Logs for 2k Gems):
    * without buffs: -800
    * x2 buffs 66% uptime: 0
    * x2 buffs 100% uptime: +400
    * x3 buffs @lvl1-4 33% uptime: 0
    * x3 buffs @lvl1-4 100% uptime +1600
    * x3 buffs @lvl5 50% uptime: 0
    * x3 buffs @lvl5 100% uptime: +1200

Tree school vs Sawmill
    * Tree production time 42 min
    * Sawmill time: 15 min
    * lvl1 School w/o buffs + Sawmil results approx 60% waiting time of sawmill
    * lvl1 School + x2 buffs + Sawmil results approx 30% waiting time of sawmill
    * lvl1 School + x3 buff (100% uptime) can gives enough logs for sawmill to work without pauses
    * lvl2 School + x2 buff - same
    * lvl3+ School + no buffs - same

(Speculation) If you manage to get the Golden Tower and Rarity Provision House from the event:
    * 600 GC for lvl4 will be a pie
    * you may spend gold ore for x3 buffs, without affecting gold income

But, if a lot of people do as well:
    * gold coins will be badly devalued,
    * expect titanium, exotic wood, granite and gem items go sky high
    * current prices (EU1 550 GC for noble res) will be nice memories...
    * and this is the point where Exotic Tree School might be handy...

Adventures:
    The Nords 33% for 1000-1200 Exotic wood (or granite or titanium + other stuff) for 800 Gems + Recruits
    The Nords 2 - same for 1500 Gems
    The Black Knights: 16% fo 1000-1500 Exotic wood (+ XB or Cannons or Damacene Swords + XP + low chance for Dark castle) for 500 gems

Conclusions:
    * possibly viable option when highly buffed, and you are not interested in adventures
    * lvl5 upgrade costs should be cut down (no granite and exotic wood)
    * IMO over time production building should not be less effective than instant packages (time is money!)
    * if the cost is reduced to, 1200 Gems (Equvalent of instant Packages) the building should be fine, buffing gives nett income

Personal remark:
    I do very like graphical art of the building
    Last edited by Yarkee; 20.12.13 at 01:26.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Newfoundland
    I'm not sure I follow your speculation, what makes you think titanium, ex wood, nobles, granite and gem will go sky high?

Norway - Birthland of giants......and trolls.
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim_B View Post
    With nerve like this, BB could try selling sand to the Saudis
    Uh, that's kind of a bad comparison. Australia export quite large amounts of sand to the Saudis each year. It's big business. You see, the Saudis don't really have so much sand. It's more like dried up soil and dust which is totally useless for making concrete.

This more or less useless fact was brought to you by Sarap. Claimed by his friends to be the third largest source of useless facts, only surpassed by the internet and Stephen Fry (If you've ever watched QI)

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    No wonder we still don't have the extra space on our islands if they are wasting their time on things that are worse than useless like this, is it April the 1st already??

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    1950 gems, I will be quite happy for BB to give me that many gems to take this building off their hands and delete it, otherwise forget it.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Reply to Thread