World
    Northisle
    Very Nice and COOL
    TNX

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    I do have a suggestion to BB/Ubisoft.
    Take your game developers off from the office.Put them playing the game with no better conditions than any other user,if they want the gems they need to pay from their pocket.
    Maybe after some time of they do this,playing the game on live servers as any other user they will start to understand what they are doing.
    Of course,unfortunately I don't expect you BB to do this but then we will have this non-sense things over and over because they don't have a clue on what the game it is for the normal users,they will never know what they are doing!!!

Town Councillor
    World
    Newfoundland
    When I first saw this I thought it was a great idea, I read a bit more saying you can only buy 1 in any 7 day period and thought that is because it will be so popular.

When I realised it was only filled with 1250 exotic wood my mouth dropped. I hope the dev that came up with this has been sacked, this is outrageous 1950 gems for 1250 exotic wood... BB claim there are scammers in this game, I think BB are the biggest scammers.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by PChamps View Post
    When I realised it was only filled with 1250 exotic wood my mouth dropped. I hope the dev that came up with this has been sacked, this is outrageous 1950 gems for 1250 exotic wood... BB claim there are scammers in this game, I think BB are the biggest scammers.
    A bit unfair Remember, one of the points of it being released onto testing and providing an opportunity for us to feedback both on the testing forum and here is that, settings and values can be `adjusted' both within the workings of the new building and/or whether the functionality of the building is valued `in game' by real players. ( If not into the TSO recycle bin it goes, or is that Anno? )
    Whilst in the recent past Dev's may have not listened to players perhaps as much as they should on these issues, lets hope that the successful Christmas Event means that we have turned the corner
    Are we to be told of adventure changes or not? 1 Month on and still SNEAKY RB changes have not been mentioned

Town Councillor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Unfair is to develop a game you have never even played as that is the feeling I get about the devs. To make a building like that for that cost clearly they have not played this game. I think the only way to get them to see the error of there ways is to be unfair to them.

I understand the test server is there to "test" but why test something that is not even close to fit for purpose? surely they have the likes of the admin who I think do play the game to chat to and get feedback on what would and wouldn't be appropriate.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    The building itself is not all bad. It looks good. The option to produce exotic wood on your island is good. What is bad is that it is a deplete-able deposit with excessive costings. If it worked like a watermill then it would solve most of the negative feedback.

World
    Sandycove
    Unfair is to develop a game you have never even played as that is the feeling I get about the devs. To make a building like that for that cost clearly they have not played this game. I think the only way to get them to see the error of there ways is to be unfair to them.

I understand the test server is there to "test" but why test something that is not even close to fit for purpose? surely they have the likes of the admin who I think do play the game to chat to and get feedback on what would and wouldn't be appropriate.
    Whilst I agree with your sentiment, and concur that maybe my feeling of `things have changed ' recently at BB TSO could well be a combination of wishful thinking and disbelief that things could get any worse . But calling them `scammers' does little to add to constructive criticism of their developments. What ever price in terms of Gems, BB put on the building, as it is not integral to the progress of the game, and therefore is optional for the players, can not be considered a scam. If however ` adjustments' were made behind the scenes to reduce other exotic wood sources, to force players in that direction, then you would have a valid point .
    Who's to say that in order to get the building from idea to drawing board to testing, the Dev's are not having to get it past the `accountants' with a artificially high Gem price? Who's to say that those servers better established to have the ear of the Devs have not been calling for such a development, that we as individual players here on forum see of little use as we play differently? I mean I would like a ` Trading Consulate' building for friends to deposit Buffs ( + bonus) for me to place, lend ` one time use' Geo's, Explorers, Gens and troops, but I'm sure those that Trade would all cry foul as it would effect their profits/ 50's would complain about no room to place it/ Some would complain it needs bigger stacks and less clicking, and all on these servers would be miffed if the .de servers got it first as the saying goes ` you can't please all the people all the time'.
    Human nature being what it is, it is more likely that any NEW thinking will be held back by continuing to slag off the failings of the OLD, (no matter if that was well deserved and no matter how frustrated it made us as players ), So here's to giving the Dev's a glass half full for 2014 rather than one that's half empty
    Are we to be told of adventure changes or not? 1 Month on and still SNEAKY RB changes have not been mentioned

Town Councillor
    World
    Newfoundland
    A new member who was just about to upgrade their first building to lvl 4 or 5 and needs exotic wood could think 1950 gems for 1250 exotic wood is good and pay that. When in truth you could buy a noble for 95 gems and sell it for an equal amount or more of exotic wood in trade office.

If this was unlimited it may be worth buying, but to be limited to 1250 exotic wood it makes it probably the most silly thing to be added in a long time.

My theory is BB have done this so when they actually release it on the main servers and cut the price down to say 500 gems people will think they are getting a bargain. For this to be worth while it needs to drop below the price of a noble.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Northisle
    My theory is BB have done this so when they actually release it on the main servers and cut the price down to say 500 gems people will think they are getting a bargain. For this to be worth while it needs to drop below the price of a noble.
    I had the same theory. It's good, solid, proven marketing theory. Provided that you don't make yourself look foolish with the initial price...

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    My solution for the future game development, that i think it would be FUN and INTERACTIVE is: (it will sound like a story )

- The settlers were BORED, they have tried ALL stuff the life was offering them until this point.
    - But suddenly, one day, something like a storm appeared, it covered all the island, and when the sky cleared they could see a new land in front of them. (Note for the developers (add to the map, in one corner something like 1/3 of the surface of a sector), guarded by dragons or whatever. To enter this sector you'll have to be at least level 50 - that is one reward for reaching level 50, not those useless star coins!). In the island the devs could put one granite deposit and one exotic wood forest.
    - the settlers fought their way, and defeated the dragons. There they discovered the precious resources and, beware! secret of floating over water (for Devs: Add a new building: the port - i know the settlers are already "floating" on water - because of the fisherman building. But .. you got the point. The port will have the functionality - off course - to build ships, on which the player could embark armies and go to discover new lands (and arrive on a certain island by chance). The developers could - for the start - create 10-20 small islands with a few villages (2-3 houses not entire cities) - that could produce resources (like coins, granite, etc). What player conquers, the village townhall - owns the production of that village. Off course, other players could find the island and capture it from other players, and so on. Some watchtowers could be built for defending the area... you got the point.
    - To save time for implementing all of this stuff, the devs could implement it gradually: first the new part of the island bla bla. Then, to get the port you have to be ll 51 (so until the first player reaches lvl 51 they could design it - not hard). After that to embark in journeys lvl 52 minimum, so that they could create at least 2-3 islands at the beginning.
    In my oppinnion this it won't be hard to do, as it needs only one - new map part, 2-3 new buildings port, watchtower, eventually some walls - and to be honest, they created so many useless thins in the game, that this is peace of cake). And the islands, are like adventures, lets say - and right now our devs "surprise" us with several new adventures lol )).
    - in the test server i also found something really funny: lvl 50, will get star points from ADVENTURES. you can buy with them, ballistas and catapults to help youin ADVENTURES. Like spinning on a wheel, - get rewards from adventures, spend them on adventures, so that you'll have new rewards to spend them on adventures again. LOOOL
    - hope you like my ideea.
    - for devs: you promised pvp, and lvl 50 +++!!! and granite deposits, my ideea covers all of them, and also pvp it's safe for home islands

Reply to Thread