Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Blocking

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland

Blocking

Hi there just looking for some feedback from members of staff only really. (no offence- but its their opinion that counts) Is blocking counted as cheating/exploits? Always thought it was cheap using them and they dont make sense (190 people coming back from the dead once the leader camp is destroyed =p) Well if it is a legit tactic Ill start using them, so let us know cheers

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    for bb it's not supported so don't bother sending in any tickets when something goes wrong. It's more like an unintended way of playing and is tolerated.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Wasnt talking about sending a ticket! I dont block because I thought it was an exploit, cheers for confirming

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    one of the more interesting aspects of the game I always thought. shame it was and is accidental.

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    well the seem to place camps in a way that makes blocking possible, always one camp right next to leader ect. they could easily set up the camps in the new adv's so that blocks dont work. prob wasnt intended at first but must be taken into consideration when they are making new maps. i think they work for it to happen but dont support it so they dont have to deal with lag complaints

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhoy View Post
    Wasnt talking about sending a ticket! I dont block because I thought it was an exploit, cheers for confirming
    well if it was there wouldn't be any guides or tutorials on how to block on the forums. not allowed to talk about exploits in public. Suppose to send those in to bb for review and not spread them around
    blocking been a method in this game used for over a year still nothing reported that says it's not allowed (other then those silly new adventures)

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryuisnod View Post
    (...) they could easily set up the camps in the new adv's so that blocks dont work. prob wasnt intended at first but must be taken into consideration when they are making new maps. (...)
    They tried that. The lost skull is an example of killing 1 camp at a time. And most new adventures forces linear clearing of sectors :[

Forum Explorer
    World
    Sandycove
    As if I had seen somewhere a bb_ somebody's comment about blocking and locking, what says the design scene did not expect it or was not planned any meaning, so these are, let say, gamer developed strategies. However, because it does not violate explicit rules (such as using scripts, bother others or something) and use only ingame tools, insomuch as normal gameplay give the possibilities of these techniques, are not considered fraud.

Because I can't link that post momently, maybe my memories cheat, so if that the case and nowhere such comment, then I apologize.

Quartermaster
    World
    Northisle
    For some people, thinking things through and calculating is already a form a cheating.

Wordsmith
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhoy View Post
    Hi there just looking for some feedback from members of staff only really. (no offence- but its their opinion that counts) Is blocking counted as cheating/exploits? Always thought it was cheap using them and they dont make sense (190 people coming back from the dead once the leader camp is destroyed =p) Well if it is a legit tactic Ill start using them, so let us know cheers
    what about block with 1R or 190R?

general died, units lost

Reply to Thread