Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Different garrison graphic for each general type

Nifty
    World
    Northisle

few changes on the generals

hi there, it would be nice you make new skins and design for the vet and the hardened generals, this way we can recognize them of the battlefield. Also to introduce a button to empty them in one go (empty general s button),it will avoid us to do all the sliding tabs one by one .

thanks for reading

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    I totally agree with chicken about the idea of an "unassign all [troops]" button on a general's info panel.
    Also, a "send home" button would be good too.
    Last edited by Hairy; 02.08.13 at 12:56. Reason: improved layout

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    Not overly fussed about the sliders or an unassigned all, it doesn't take that long to be honest. I do however really want different looking generals, especially the premium and limited generals. The vet needs some plumage, Stronghelmet needs a mahoosive bucket on his noggin and Reaper is in desperate need of a scythe.

Forum Explorer
    World
    Newfoundland
    +1 for the unassign. The send army back is good as it is, no use for an additional button on a general.

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    I agree that neither of the 2 buttons are necessary, but at least a "send home" button on a general could reduce the risk of sending the wrong general home.
    (Although it could increase the risk of sending the right general home at the wrong moment...)

Forum Explorer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Hairy View Post
    a "send home" button on a general could reduce the risk of sending the wrong general home.
    (Although it could increase the risk of sending the right general home at the wrong moment...)
    That's a risk I recognise. Reason why I created this thread a while ago: http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...hlight=general

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    How about removing the sliders, or at least add a small window so i can just type how many of each troop i want. takes forever to slide to the right amount and then sit there and click add 1 all the time.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove

Army camps

It is impossible to tell, as far as i can see, which army camp belongs to my vet and which to my battle hardened general and which to a normal general. Would it be possible to either have a modified icon for better generals or have their name appear as an overlay?

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    I've given my Generals names, amended it on the screen where you assign troops to them. As far as I can see it makes not a blind bit of difference though.

Naively I had hoped the General's name would be displayed on screen instead of mine.

I have four Generals, and they all look exactly the same.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    It would be nice if the different types of generals had different types of camp. For an easy fix, could the tents be different colours or something similar? That wouldn't take long to do and would be easier than coming up with different camp configurations.

Reply to Thread