Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: AUCTI0N back into trade channel!!

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Northisle
    i will let the post run and we will see MOD_AliasRed as this is a post to try make the game better, i dont have all the answers but some players have good ideas that can be heard here, i have played the game for a long time i asked for frozens and nords 2 adv took em a while but it came, so id rather u had comments worth leaving please dont spam my page thanks again, trade channel is not exactly busy and garth made some good sudgestoins keep em coming because i see it as a problem that should be resolved

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    I think you will find that once the frozen and nords2 were on the german server it was natural progression for them to arrive here and other servers, just takes time. I also think you will find that the auction channel was opened due to players complaining about auctions being held in trade, but by all means will watch with interest

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Northisle
    yes that first part was true but they were gonna Ieave it as a german server perk as they are number 1 server, and if u Iook back at those posts u wiII see why i was fighting for it which i suggest aII pIayers do if they think the game is unfair or unbaIanced seeing as we have server competitions, anywho pIease post with constructive posts thanks again

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    yes that first part was true but they were gonna Ieave it as a german server perk as they are number 1 server

So nice to see a player who is capable of reading the minds of the devs. Can you tell us when pvp is coming?

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    Keep auctions out of trade. All they do is clutter the chat tab and make it look even more spammy than it already does. As is already stated there is a chat channel that they can be held on.

Also why is it only those on the Northisle server that are pushing for this?

World
    Sandycove
    1. why auctions,
    just put a trade on TO, (watch if you have the right prize) and mostly it will be sold in no time
    2. it would spam trade chat
    3. so NO, never, -1, ...
    4. i only agree if there comes a new chat channel for it
    Retired settler, may 2012 - oktober 2017

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle
    Being a Northisle player, it is of course hard for me to tell how auctions have worked on other servers. As Sandycove is a newer server, it may be that there wasn't time for a system, or rather a culture, of auctioning to develop. Auctions were dominant before the new trade system and I can remember both holding them and bidding on auctions held by others.

Back then, auctions were integral in trade chat. If we attempt to bring them back, there will be a lot of hassle "educating" newer players on how they are supposed to work. Again, not knowing how auctions have been held on other servers, there may be differences in the way an auction is organised. This could lead to arguments on the "right" and "wrong" way of holding an auction. In practice each server would end up with individual guidelines, which could lead to difficulty if scamming occurs. Support personnel would need to know each server's specific guidelines. Other option is for BB to produce universal auction rules, which in turn might be different to those used on some servers. You can never make everyone happy...

While auctions were fun back in the day, I feel the new trade system has lowered the need for them. On the other hand, I don't see why there needs to be a ban on holding them. I would imagine that, being in a hurry, auctioning off a lootspot that you need to finish off quickly could work for everyone's benefit. My final verdict is that while auctions do liven trade up, the use and need for them has faded and I will feel quite alright even if they never return.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Old___Boy View Post
    [insert sarcasm]I get fed up seeing loot spots being posted, one WTS and straight after WTB with an XXgc difference rather than one of them just whispering the other to negotiate a price. I know, lets just have a channel for that too... so 1 for auction, 1 for loot spots and then trade can be left for just trading goods [/insert sarcasm]
    This is exactly the issue here imo, auctions are part of trading whether we like it or not, just like people advertising their TO trades annoy some players that just want to sell their ls.

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle
    I think that an auction house would be a great addition to the game:
    Put in an item, place a minimum offer, it gets announced in a specific "Auction" channel (Player X auctions Y for Z) and off ye go.
    People who hate auctions won't build the Auction House and they also won't use the Auction channel.
    People who love auctions will do just that.

Everybody served.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpielein View Post
    I think that an auction house would be a great addition to the game:
    Put in an item, place a minimum offer, it gets announced in a specific "Auction" channel (Player X auctions Y for Z) and off ye go.
    People who hate auctions won't build the Auction House and they also won't use the Auction channel.
    People who love auctions will do just that.

Everybody served.
    This would be a great addition to game, set the minimum your willing to pay and a maximum, Auctions could run for 12 hours, 1 bid allowed per auction

Reply to Thread