Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: AUCTI0N back into trade channel!!

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Northisle

AUCTI0N back into trade channel!!

i can think of lots of reasons why auctions should be allowed back into trade channel

1.makes game more fun
    2.gives everyone a chance to get a good deal
    3.makes more friends
    4.trade channel gets more busy due to the auction
    5.new players see the interaction more likely to play longer

the only down side i can see is that some players get the hump because they cant sell their ls in the mins that auctions last for, seeing as an auction is a trade i cannot see a reason why it is not in trade channel, some M0Ds are against it because maybe they have to intervene when they do not have to trade channel kinda runs itself, been playing the game for a long time now and it does make the game more enjoyable to the majority of players, please leave comments worth leaving thanks alex

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Northisle
    +1 if there are accepted rules e.g. there is an ending time of 5 minutes or less, and the reserve price is stated up front.

The other option is for BB to implement an auction feature in trading, where sellers can state the goods for sale, the resource wanted in exchange, a reserve price and an ending time.

Sending sellers to Global-3 doesn't work.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Northisle
    yes agreed garth thanks for ur imput

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    I think it should come back to trade channel, is a hassle changing channels, to the point that I don't change channels using the /j option

I spend a lot of time looking at trade channel and auction were never often and for a few minutes at least, you got good activity... if it comes back to trade channel, I think the only amendment is that if you want to do an auction it has to be no longer than 2-3 minutes

World
    Newfoundland
    I would thank you kindly not to opine about whether MODs are or are not against it and the reasons/non reasons for such. If you are going to recommend a game suggestion kindly post your own opinions not your theories about others, and for the record the 5 points you make are your purely subjective opinion and not a weighing up of the pros and cons of such.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    +1 agree wholeheartedly.

AUCTI0N back into trade channel!

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    yes agreed garth thanks for ur imput

Forum Explorer
    World
    Sandycove
    What an bad idea.

It would totally spam tradechannel, normal trades wouldnt be seen anymore, and this just to please a small group of people who might be interested.
    Be glad you got the opportunity to use a channel special for auctions, that way you arent in the way of anyone , and those that are interested dont get interrupted with lootspots and advertorials.

World
    Northisle
    Agreed, let it back in trade channel.
    It doesn't interfere with selling loot spot or anything else and if your are worried you might of missed something
    stretch your chat box to make it larger.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    Alternatively, just post the item or loot spot again... as I said before, auctions WERE few and far between and when they did happen, it got many involved which is a good thing. There were/are faaaaaar more smart'butt' comments from players ridiculing peoples prices that they posted rather than keeping their opinion about the prices someone has posted to themselves.

[insert sarcasm]I get fed up seeing loot spots being posted, one WTS and straight after WTB with an XXgc difference rather than one of them just whispering the other to negotiate a price. I know, lets just have a channel for that too... so 1 for auction, 1 for loot spots and then trade can be left for just trading goods [/insert sarcasm]

Reply to Thread