Reply to Thread

Thread: Bring back gift-able gems maybe ?

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove

Bring back gift-able gems maybe ?

If this event has proven one thing its that gift-able transactions have taken place pretty seamlessly, haven't seen any cries of scammer in trade. I'd really like on occasion to be able to buy gems for GC. Obviously it would be preferable to do all these sorts of transactions through the TO but as a stop gap solution I can't see why they can't return.

World
    Newfoundland
    Two words:

Multiple Accounts
    If at first you don't succeed, sky-diving is not for you.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierarzt View Post
    Two words:

Multiple Accounts
    That pretty much applies to any part of game atm tbh, no reason to exclude 99.9% of the honest people.

World
    Newfoundland
    The reason stated for removal was here

Gems for Friends

The "Gems for Friends" offer will be removed, because of trade fraud.
    Again, we want to remind all players to use the save trading function of the game only.

Some users have been taken in by dishonest players who offered gifted gems based on personal agreement, but never delivered it after they received what they requested (e.g. resources). A gift is not meant to be part of trading. Personal agreements can always be risky. A couple of people who abused the good faith of players on purpose have already been banned.

Although our Game Masters have been taking care of these matters and checking fraud reports from the community, we see that this is a problematic situation and therefore have decided to deactivate the "gems for friends" item. We will consider reintroducing it for special events when we have implemented a technical solution to fix this.
    I think based on that it would be unlikely they'll be added again.
    I'm more than likely working right now.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Northisle
    Come on, do you really buy this explanation? if fraud was really the problem BB could make the gems tradable via TO and walla, you get what you ask for your gems straight away. Its not the reason.
    Most likely that BB saw a dramatic decline in cash flow and fired the one that suggested to make it giftable

Town Councillor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Benedicter is spot on the only reason it was removed is because BB see the revenue drop. Its such a shame they can't be straight with us and need to lie.

If I was going to scam someone it would not be for a measly 200 gems which I think was about 2000gc max. You can still gift the new storehouse costing 750 gems or the friary 2450 gems which would be a better target for scammers.

Come on BB just be open and honest don't feed us lies.

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Unfortunately PChamps, some people did do it for "a measly 200 gems", as they have done so for other gem bought items too.
    Benedicter's suggestion for the TO is quite a good one, at least that would negate the out and out scam, but it still doesn't solve the multi-account problem.
    Shame that a certain few ruin it for the majority.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    this would of been great as myself and my wife play it would be nice to be able to gift gems because as we all know on % bonus gem days you get more for the package you buy would of been great buying the big packs and splitting the gems between us instead of us both having to buy smaller packs and getting less gems

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    Its probably a combination of scammers and people with multiple accounts, eg if you can spend 30k gems to send one of your other accounts 20k gems then its enough to get round the gem pit limit and still profit.

Maybe an idea would be to add them to the collections menu as a buff you can make, this way the buff could be traded on the TO and the collections cooldown+collectables requirements (if it needed herbs/scarecrows/etc too) would help with keeping the supply limited.

Reply to Thread