Reply to Thread

Thread: Adventure difficulty missleading

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland

Adventure difficulty missleading

Just a suggestion about the difficulty on the adventures, not the actual difficulty, but what it says on the adventure before you start it.
    I remember when i started playing, and horseback sounded like the easyest one to take on because of difficulty 2. But i guess I was wrong .
    Horseback has 2, island of the pirates and the dark priests has 3. These are just a few i remember right now as an example.
    But you get my point if you look at them. Horseback is alot harder than the other two i mentioned.
    It would be very helpful to new players if the difficulty shown was more balanced in comparison to what actually is in the adventure

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    It could do with re-vamping but I can see the logic in the current system, you have to remember adventures are classified not taking blocks into account, therefore horseback would be easier.

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle
    Bluesavanah, I tend to disagree.
    The first adventure I ever did was Dark Priests, and except that I lost many troops (at that time didn't use guides yet hehe) it was very easy and straightforward.

Horseback, on the other hand, got me into a mess when I first tried it because my general got intercepted, I didn't know about the Retreat thingie yet and pretty much lost my entire army. Yeah, you could say it was my own fault, but Horseback requires you to understand a bit more about how the entire camps thing works than does Dark Priest.

However, taking the "high difficulty adventures", I find that Black Knights is significantly(!) easier than, Secluded Experiments - and I would put Nords somewhere in league with Dark Priests rather than with SotV.

And just the thought that Black Knights is the same league as Clever Little Tailor should make anyone in their right mind think twice ... 1200 recruits lost (no block version) versus 5000+ quite costly troops lost (using some HIGH DIFFICULTY blocks) ... hello?

Just imagine you're a player who has never used guides.
    You are level 42 and have just completed Black Knights for the first time, losing most of your army.
    Then you restock and see that Valiant Tailor is somewhat easier and give it a shot ... what would be your reaction?
    Last edited by Sharpielein; 04.01.14 at 07:51.

Reply to Thread