Reply to Thread

Thread: Bring back Settlers 2 Gold Edition.... Actually

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland

Bring back Settlers 2 Gold Edition.... Actually

Dear Team,

Thank you for bringing us Settlers MMO.

I would love to see this online version, offline like that of Settlers 2 Gold Edition, which, is my favourite Settlers.

I would like to see an awesome storyline and lots of things to do. I don't know if you have seen Folktale that is fairly good, but I think if you made this game offline and included a storyline it would be amazing.

Lord Heathen

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    I agree definitely time for a new Settlers. A proper offline back to basics Settlers that works like the original games (path building etc). That's what made it such a great game.

I bought Settlers 7, that looked real nice but wasn't very good and now its a bit sad to see Settlers reduced to this online in game payment format. It doesn't seem like anyone can make real time strategy games anymore!

I really hope BlueByte are working away hard behind the scenes on a Settlers 8. I have been playing Settlers since the original on my Amiga 600. Played Settlers 2 all the way up to Rise of an Empire. By far the most time I invested in any game ever!

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    To add to my last comment any new Settlers game absolutely must have randomly generating maps. That's what makes an RTS game last forever. If you only have preset maps then the player knows where all the resources are and its just a case of building the buildings in the right order. An RTS that can generate its own maps creates exploration and risk, that's what makes the game. Look back at all the classics, that's what they do!

Reply to Thread