Reply to Thread

Thread: major issues

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland

Unhappy major issues

Hi,
    Ever since late last night/early this morning .....I started having MASSIVE pop ups. I use chrome and I can't find a pop up blocker on the settings . They are so bad , they block game play. Meaning I cannot access all parts of the game ,because the pop ups are in the way. And every time I click on something to make a command another window pops up. I immedietly closed Settlers and ran a virus scan . Panda [my antivirus] found a very suspiscious file here and put it into quarantine . I deleted the file, restarted my pc etc. And switched over to IE. I'm getting the same crud on IE, but IE has blocker settings and I can block these THINGS [most anyway] enough to play. And btw, this is ONLY on Settlers Online . No other pages,games etc are having this problem. Okay........so I can now play the game on IE only with the settings turned up. But I cannot access the online store to get gems. The page opens, lists the pkgs available , but when you choose a pkg. thats as far as it goes. I would hardly think I'm the only person having these problems , but I couldn't find any reference . Anyone know anything? Or know how I can get rid of this? It's not fun.
    Lala

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    You should run an anti spy/malware program such as SuperantiSpyware or
    Spybot search and destroy which are free programs.

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    Your computer is full of viruses, which have nothing to do with TSO. Get it cleaned.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    This is something that started a few weeks ago here at Settlers online. Chrome blocked be from even accessing it.And I went around the block. I think people should be aware of it. And I was not the only one getting blocked . I went to the forums and other people were getting the same messages. What ever I caught, I caught here. I have scanned my computer . I do regularly. Antivirus' dont work if you don't use them. And in some cases, like now , even when you do. I will however look into the Spybot. I've been online for about 20 years and only gotten 1 virus. I don't go to weird sites and I try to keep my pc clean. I don't open emails , or ads. Just thought Id throw this in there ,in case others are having the same problem or to the ones that had the problem a week or 2 ago with chrome block.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    The blocking of TSO chrome has nothing to do with your issue's. As we was told that was told at the time that was down to a mistake by Google which was soon fixed. Your issue's are more recent.

The simple fact is, no matter what anti-virus/spy/malware you are using you are not 100% safe. The producers of such programs can only re-act to new threats when they come out. When a new threat appears it takes time for them to produce a update to protect you from the new threat, during this time you are at risk.

Is their any chance somebody else could have used your PC, Chrome can be used to browse the web in a way which leaves no traces in it's history.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Safest option is to use Firefox and add the add-on named Ghostery.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Reply to Thread