Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 12 or 24 hour buffs

World
    Newfoundland

12 or 24 hour buffs

I log on twice daily on weekdays and it really bugs me that I cannot keep a constant buffing going because none of the generally available buffs last long enough. By "generally available" I mean not the store items, or PEE where you need either to go on adventures and get cauldrons, or badges where you need to buy an RPH and get gold ore. I mean normal buffs that everyone of sufficient level can produce in the normal prov house, like fish platters, sarnies and Irma baskets.

So I'd really like if there was a fourth buff that lasts just a little shorter than 12 hours if buffed by someone else (not premium) - because it takes some time to find someone to lay them and to actually lay them. And then I could get a real schedule going.

If there were also a 24 hour buff, I'd be ecstatic, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Norway - Birthland of giants......and trolls.
    World
    Newfoundland

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Very good idea!

Sometimes the one-hour and four-hour buffs would be good too.
    In addition, it would be the best if the buffs added up.
    Buff an already buffed building and the new buff would lay dormant and would activate when the first one expired (they wouldn't be active at the same time).

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle
    Actually, I feel terrible about the 6-hour buffs as well:
    On a normal working day, I may buff my island before taking off to work at 7 - the buffs wear off a bit after noon, then I have to leave my island unbuffed for 6-8 hours, then rebuff.
    During nighttime, it usually means I buff my island around 9-10pm and the buffs wear off hours before I wake up.
    Since for gold production, that means I would actually lose money, I can pretty much only produce gold during weekends or when someonebuffs me a Fruit Basket I got from an adventure.

Regular 12-hour or 24-hour buffs would do a great deal for the casual player who can't play at work.

Given the pricing, I would suggest that maybe like 2 Irma's Gift Basket plus something on top of that, maybe 10 Exotic Wood Planks (making these more coveted as well)

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    +1

Forum Explorer
    World
    Sandycove
    Look around, there are 12/24 hour buffs...

World
    Northisle
    I use the Potions of Endless Energy a lot- a triple 12-hour buff that's made from collectables and essentially costs nothing to make in the Mayor's House. The zombie buff is a 4x that lasts 12 hours also, but a great deal more expensive. The lucky Rabbit Charm is 48 hours and fairly easy to come by. There are a number of other buffs that last odd lengths of time, too.

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Brankovics View Post
    Look around, there are 12/24 hour buffs...
    I hope you're not suggesting we use Exotic Fruit baskets, Flying Settlers or Zombies to buff Bread or Fish production, huh?
    We can produce Irma Baskets in sufficient quantities to keep our island buffed 24/7 (presuming that we are around sufficiently long) but spending like 20k coins per day to keep our island buffed simply isn't effective.

What is being suggested in this thread is a buffing solution which makes it possible for those of us who actually work at work to keep our islands buffed.

World
    Newfoundland
    I hope you're not suggesting they introduce a buff that will take money away from the premium buffs?

I know it's a free-to-play game, but BlueByte do need to make some money from the game.
    If at first you don't succeed, sky-diving is not for you.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierarzt View Post
    I hope you're not suggesting they introduce a buff that will take money away from the premium buffs?

I know it's a free-to-play game, but BlueByte do need to make some money from the game.
    ...they have already done that when they introduced Potion of Endless Energy. But I think the main attraction of premium buffs is not in how long they last but that they give you a x3 production. That's not what I said - if your comment was directed to me.

Reply to Thread