Reply to Thread

Thread: Problems with Collectibles

Forum Explorer
    World
    Northisle

Problems with Collectibles

The Problem with Collectibles (spawn points)

After awhile, I have started to notice that spawn points for the collectibles are very 'fixed/predictable' locations. Sure they'll randomize which of those locations will get a spawn but the spawn points are fixed.

Previously I suggested, using flower beds or decorations to cover up spawn points so that you can narrow your searches. Well, overtime, I noticed that I was getting less and less collectibles.

The problem here is that if you cover up spawn points, you will get less.

I was consistently getting 16-17 collectibles only, when before I was in the 20-30s. So I started to remove some spots that were known to be spawn points and tested my theory- and sure enough I got more collectibles.

What does this mean?

Well, the more buildings and decorations you have on the island, the less collectibles you will get. The low level players will certain have more of an advantage over a high level players. They're probably getting 30+ collectibles at a time.

So you can stop buying those flower beds and filling up your island because it doesn't control their spawn points. It only hinders you from getting more collectibles.

The tip that I normally give dancers applies here. "The more you cover up, the less you will get."

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    It can only be decorations causing your problems, my Island is completely covered by buildings. during the event the highest I've had is 43 collectibles, the lowest 30.
    They are as you say very predictable with location but I reckon there's at least 60 spawn points.

Forum Explorer
    World
    Sandycove
    I have not experienced anything like this. As I see, amount of collectibles is fluctuating perhaps between 27 and 41. After I covered a terrain patch with buildings and decorations where before usually arrived 2-4 item, the amount still can be 41...

Reply to Thread