Reply to Thread

Thread: Removing bushes no longer possible

World
    Newfoundland

Removing bushes no longer possible

I know this is the result of a bug fix rather than a bug: I used to be able to remove inconvenient bushes (to be able to build in their place) by placing a flower bed over them and then destroying it once it was built. Granted, this was possibly an unintended side-effect, and only worked with one type of bush (the big, round, dark green one) but it worked very well for me - and other people who either like a nice, ordered island or have ran out of space to build.

So I propose you consider bringing it back as a feature. I don't even mind if I have to buy some super special land-clearing "building" for it (one that you put down from the star, then it clears the area the same way the flowerbed used to and, as a bonus, it immediately picks itself up and goes back in the star once it's done). Because it's a lot more feasible to cut out shrubbery than to blow up mountains, right?

Town Councillor
    World
    Newfoundland
    I think that is what contributed to zone crashes. As you should not have a building there and you exploiting a bug to do so could cause the game to trip out.

World
    Sandycove
    why not just remove the offending articles anyway and give us back a little bit of land ?

Town Councillor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Well because if they did that it would be pointless of them trying to introduce this rock removal system that costs gems and would make some extra cash for them... Honestly I think they should add a whole new sector.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle
    I do not like this. Either make people who have placed buildings on these spots move them or just remove the bushes, or just let us build on top of them. It's not fair to allow people (including me) to have buildings places where no one else can now build them

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    It's still possible, but sometimes it's fickle. I swept a few away yesterday on Newfie and just now on Northisle. 'fraid there's no room on the Cove to try but it's very unlikely it's any different there. BB have always said it's an 'at your own risk' thing so if/when it does actually go there's no telling what will happen but it is known that it could go.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle
    Looks like they listened. I can now removed these stupid little bushes again. They should just make these bushes not prevent building so you don't need to know about he glitch to get rid of them though so everyone can use the spaces they occupy

Forum Explorer
    World
    Sandycove
    But other 'hiden' secret does not work since xmass event deactivation: geologs surplus skill. Time before they always were on the terrain, but nowadays come back empty-handed...

Reply to Thread