Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Suggestion for the Bookbinder interface

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove

Suggestion for the Bookbinder interface

I know it's a simple irritation, and probably not worth a separate topic, but I didn't find anywhere I could add it, so here goes:

When you start a new book, the progress is shown in a box on top of all the information about materials used for the first two kinds of books. Why? That's really annoying! I can't remember all the materials needed, and since I'm always creating some book, the information is almost never available for viewing. There's more than enough space at the bottom of the Bookbinder interface, to put a progressbar and the name of the book currently under production. No need for an extra window. The functionality for disabling the buttons used to start books is already in place and being used (when the materials aren't available). Why not just use that, to block us from trying to start another book?

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle
    And add a queue

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazgod View Post
    And add a queue
    +1

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazgod View Post
    And add a queue
    +1

World
    Sandycove
    Yeah, a queue of orders would be great. I hate it when I have glue and miss hours for whatever reason, which could be spent on making additional items.
    Facebook ID: 1260394561
    Tiletron (Sandycove 3) | Hyncharas (Welt 1)

World
    Sandycove
    Alternatively, the ability to have two Bookbinders on the island would be useful.
    Facebook ID: 1260394561
    Tiletron (Sandycove 3) | Hyncharas (Welt 1)

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultroman View Post
    There's more than enough space at the bottom of the Bookbinder interface, to put a progressbar and the name of the book currently under production. No need for an extra window. The functionality for disabling the buttons used to start books is already in place and being used (when the materials aren't available). Why not just use that, to block us from trying to start another book?
    Perhaps it's because the materials needed depends on how many books you've done - I think it's updated when you'll get the book, not when you start making it so what you'll see while producing it might be wrong.

To Hazgod and other threadjackers:
    No, there won't be a queue because of the fact I just mentioned. It's not about if it could be done. It's not worth trying as we already have a lot of lag issues - no need for a bookbinder freezing the game by trying to get correct info to show up whenever you want to check it.

I'd rather see some options for us to get "short time glue" (preferably from collectible items) to use and get production ending when it better suits the player.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by SmurfAsH View Post
    Perhaps it's because the materials needed depends on how many books you've done - I think it's updated when you'll get the book, not when you start making it so what you'll see while producing it might be wrong.
    If I understand Ultroman correctly it's not being able to produce more books that is the problem, it is that the production - meter telling how long time that is left of the production, blocks the view to see how many resources you need to produce the books. Blocking for more books is OK.. not a problem, it's the lack of info that is annoying.

I've raised that issue in myself some time ago since I'm annoyed that I have to visit another website to find that info, and it shouldn't take more than a few minutes to program it..

Forum Explorer
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by KarstenL View Post
    I have to visit another website to find that info
    Do you think this infos? The Great Settler Library / Bookbinder in this forum.

Forum Explorer
    World
    Sandycove
    The Science system is intended as a long term piece of TSO, also an expensive one, what shows a return not so soon. I think this is why not more bookbinder / queue in it. Further, the books are not tradeable, so if one reach the end of own planned sci.sys too soon, comes the complain, why an unnecessary, unusable building on the island, the claim of refund etc. Be patient; must to learn to plan long-term...

Reply to Thread