Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Thread: [Tool] FastSim V5.0 [update]- New simulator for settlers online

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle
    I keep getting an error which blocks the sim but there is no feedback other than a red tab to tell you what is wrong. If there is something preventing simulation can you stick an alert up top explaining what is causing it because as far as I can tell it should be working

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    thanks for this, i have been using it but then I noticed my CPU temps go through the roof
    Have you guys looked at that at all ?

Im using an i7 all 4 cores go to 100% util and hit high 80c after 1 min on any simming, If i leave it running they get to 90c

Just wondered if you were aware of that.

Cant be to much of a problem because Im sure it would have been noticed by now.

and as I monitor my temps all the time, they dont go that high in anything else cept movie rendering

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by LordCerveau View Post
    thanks for this, i have been using it but then I noticed my CPU temps go through the roof
    Have you guys looked at that at all ?

Im using an i7 all 4 cores go to 100% util and hit high 80c after 1 min on any simming, If i leave it running they get to 90c

Just wondered if you were aware of that.

Cant be to much of a problem because Im sure it would have been noticed by now.

and as I monitor my temps all the time, they dont go that high in anything else cept movie rendering
    Simming, in general, can be very taxing on even the best CPUs - what sort of cooling do you have on it?

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    My PC cooling isnt in question, If you read my post I already said the temps are fine.

The point of my post is to highlight to the makers that the reason their Sim is apparantly fast is because it is unthrottled and sends any cpu to 100 % utilisation. They may not be aware of this or maybe they are but I would think at least they should put a little note on their webpage that when you use the simulation it uses your own cpu and will push it to its limit, PCs that do not have very good cooling may suffer. That is all Im trying to say.

My PC is in a huge airy case with 6 fans in it, the cooling on mine isnt a problem
    Here is a screenshot of my temps at normal use and at simming level.
    The I7 cpu can run upto 90c but thats about as far as anyone should go, I only see that kind of temp when rendering, 3D games dont tax the cpu as much only the gpu. I use AIDA64 to monitor temps, maybe Im over sensitive about temps
    Attached Images
    Last edited by LordCerveau; 28.06.17 at 09:05.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    I've noticed that the foxes' min damage is 10 vs Vargus, yet according to the patch notes
    "The rules for how percentage-based changes to combat attributes work have been adjusted. Combat attributes are now always rounded down. This increases the impact of Champion Vargus’ damage reduction trait against certain enemies."

So 10 - 5% should be rounded down to 9. I am not sure if this issue affects only the "tooltips" or the sim math as well. Also, I am not sure if this issue affects units other than the foxes (VLT, BLT and so on). The issue obviously affects other units' min damage as well.

Ref to the official patch notes: http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...Log-16.05.2017

Edit:
    I checked 1 replay and it really showed 9 not 10 min damage for the foxes.

https://prnt.sc/ftcxej
    https://prnt.sc/fu18f5
    Last edited by Zapek; 10.07.17 at 20:28. Reason: Extra checks

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    great tool. is it possible to delete best attack results that is not possible like using elitetroops in lt and attacks with 400+ troops it will be even better

Ruler of the Land TheVictorious's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    any chance to make lost city special cases: http://settlersonlinewiki.eu/en/adve...ith-besiegers/

I think it is ok o make check boxes below for those buff or provide options to always calculate the minimum damage, for the Water, Metal, and Fire, it is sound similar to the master planner, but other buffs sound similar to Anselm effect.
    Hello People

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    will it be possible to save skills for generals in configuration so guides will show up right as simulated with skills?
    when looking up best attack in any camp with all skills turned off results still shows mg with 285 troops.

thanks keep up the great work.
    Last edited by pallepind; 06.08.17 at 08:11.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    Cavalry is misspelled under the General. It currently says Calvary. Other than that, love this.

Reply to Thread