Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: [Tool] FastSim V5.0 [update]- New simulator for settlers online

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    yeah, thanks , i fixed another enemy, iron fist had the same problem, fixed already

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    This looks like it would be very valuable, but I can't work out how to use it. Could you include some step by step instructions?

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Sure thing, i will. Today i have added information to the guide editor.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Hello FastSimTSOmaps.

It seems like 'unit value' (eg ranger value, Bowman value, Militia value ect.) are predefined by some unknown rule and hardcoded into calculations.
    However, its VERY (most) important number in evaluating everything at the end and perhaps there can be many players who may not agree
    with predefined unit value.

Therefore, it would be nice if you would like to add some simple interface where user may define his own unit values
    which (if defined) would be used instead of default ones. (else the default ones would be loaded)

I imagine it like for example like this :

you could add a tab to middle window of calculator (which would look similar to left window, where you have recruit picture and textbox with value, bowman picture with textbox and value, militia picture with textbox ect ect)
    So, if user would click this tab in middle window, there would be textboxes with every 'unit value' that can be customised by user
    (the same way like user can set unit count in left window)

Additionaly to this new tab with unit value textboxes, the program flow would be like this :
    (These values dont need to be changed often so they can be stored in cookie so user would not need to insert them every time when visit site.)

- When player would visit site, calculator would check cookie and load custom unit value's from it to 'unit value' textboxes then use it.
    - If cookie would be not found, calculator would load to this window your predefined unit values and use it.
    - If user would click tab with custom unit values and edit any of 'unit value' it would be saved to cookie. (so user does not need to customise it every time he visit site)

(custom 'unit value' that can be defined by user could be a float number from 0.01 to 100.00)
    Last edited by Dragonia; 19.01.14 at 11:42.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    I agree with you, thats why I want to include that feature in users configuration (just login). I'm a cookies hater hehe, I think that users hate cookies in general, thats why i prefer to use the user system (so i will need to improve it, and probably use a cookie for autologin hehe).

That configuration will be used in simulations but also in other simulators. It is planned to add a place where you can select the kind of generals and troops that you have and only show them, and things like that.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by FastSimTSOmaps View Post
    I want to include that feature in users configuration (just login)
    The problem is that its impossible to register to your site because you enforce email validation while your emails never come. I tried 3 different email addresses and allready gave up. They just not come and thats it. They are not in spam folder, they are not anywhere, they not come no matter what email service i try or how long i wait. If you want people to be able to register, please do not enforce email validation, until you solve this serious issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by FastSimTSOmaps View Post
    It is planned to add a place where you can select the kind of generals and troops that you have and only show them, and things like that.
    uh.. I think you allready gave up simulator, believeing that its enought to show how to win with aproximately by eye calculated loses, defining that recruits are 'kinda around X by eye' cheaper than 'militia' and soldiers are logicaly 'around X by eye, more expensive than militia'.

So let me tell you :
    Unit value, is a cost of producing one unit, which differ very much from server to server and even change each day. Therefore user MUST have ability to set this value by himself else your calculator show how to win 'somehow' but not show how to win efficiently (with lowest cost) and thats exacly what is most important for everyone in adventures and what make one guide better than other guide, and one simulator better than other simulator. (its a win with minimal loses)

Currently, until you include possibility to manualy customise 'unit value's
    your simulator show only 'some way to kinda win that looks not a bad by eye'. But nothing more...

And for sure 100% currently it does not show correct 'minimal unit loses' as unit prices vary from server to server and from user to user.
    Seriously, dont you agree with this ?

So as you see, to get the correct output, its extremely important that user should have ability to setup 'unit value's by himself,
    much more important than remembering, what generals he is used to have.
    Last edited by Dragonia; 20.01.14 at 15:21.

Committed Clicker
    World
    Northisle
    It seems you have precedence of some units slightly awry, specifically which bandit troops an 'attacks weakest' first strike cavalry will aim at first.

For an easy example, try 100 Cavalry vs camp F4 in Roaring Bull... The simulator says 37 to 47 Cataphract are killed whereas in reality the cavalry attack the Lance Riders first.

Image to show a sample attack from within the game (just after the cavs have done their first attack)

Other than that, seems very quick and user friendly. Well done so far
    Last edited by Tripi; 22.01.14 at 23:11.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Played around a bit and it looks good.

One tiny thing - Recluit should be Recruit I guess

Potential issue I noticed - when you go to find best attack and input troops there then go back troop number stays at 250 per troop for example.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Thanks you, fixed, the problem was that when troops has the same HP then Combat order must be used. It must works fine now.

I was improving the guide editor / viewer and didnt see this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripi View Post
    It seems you have precedence of some units slightly awry, specifically which bandit troops an 'attacks weakest' first strike cavalry will aim at first.

For an easy example, try 100 Cavalry vs camp F4 in Roaring Bull... The simulator says 37 to 47 Cataphract are killed whereas in reality the cavalry attack the Lance Riders first.

Image to show a sample attack from within the game (just after the cavs have done their first attack)

Other than that, seems very quick and user friendly. Well done so far

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Dragonia i have included in user profile the feature to store your own unit values. It is used in the full website (well, not in simulator but it will this evening). About the registration, i dindnt notice any problem, peoples are registering every day... probably it was the day that routers were upgraded in my hosting provider.

Quote Originally Posted by Mesea View Post
    Played around a bit and it looks good.

One tiny thing - Recluit should be Recruit I guess

Potential issue I noticed - when you go to find best attack and input troops there then go back troop number stays at 250 per troop for example.

Fixed the recluit name .

Yes, I will improve the simulator the next days .. i'm finishing with the guide editor/viewer.
    Last edited by FastSimTSOmaps; 28.01.14 at 11:15.

Reply to Thread