Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: [Tool] FastSim V5.0 [update]- New simulator for settlers online

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Ullus i'm spanish, hehe i'm not german, so german is very hard for me too .

There is a big error in settlerssimulatoonline that i have commented before. In multiwave attacks it gets the worse attack of the first general and use it as base for 2nd general, thats fully wrong.

In my case I do the real simulations for all combats (Yes, it is slower , because I have to simulate all generals the 10ktimes, while settlersonlinesimulator doesn't these simulations).

What is the problem with this kind of simulations?, after simulations, you use the troops for the worse case possible, this is not real, for example, for 3 waves you will get the worse case for

2200*2200*2200 combinations (2k2 is the max number of simulations in that simulator)

In my case you run 10k real and full simulations. I can do this because as i said mine is coded in low level and i have the speed to make it.

Thanks for the feedback, i will include close to everything that you said, a lot of them are in the todo list already , i have been a bit busy lately improving the guide editor and viewer and i'm coding also an android application that i will release soon.

My time is a bit limited too since i have 2 children with less than 3 years and 2 jobs , but i will have time for this for sure .

One of the first things that i have in mind is the rounds graphics that you showed . It is very important for blocks.
    Last edited by FastSimTSOmaps; 25.03.14 at 15:46.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    One thing, about the combat well everything dies except general i tried it in test server and it was a victory for us .

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by FastSimTSOmaps View Post
    One thing, about the combat well everything dies except general I tried it in test server and it was a victory for us .
    OK, seams have to check that again. Its not a case that occurs very often, didn't happen to me for several moths now - maybe BB has changed the mechanics here.
    A few months ago it definitely worked as I described. I tested it a few times back then and it was verified by other players.

About all the other stuff: I didn't mean to harangue you
    I just wrote down everything that came to my mind when trying your simulator - It's perfectly clear to me that implementation of all those feature might take some time, especially since it is a leisure project and not a full-time job you're doing at it... Take your time!

p.s.: I can't speak for other players - but I myself are not really interested in optimization functions for finding the best unit-composition. With some experience one usually gets better results in less time when setting up simulations manually than when using an optimizer. Setting up reasonable options for the optimizer takes some consideration and time, or if a one doesn't consider wisely and leaves too many options available the optimization process takes ages. I don't use it at all (tried it a few times of course, just out of curiosity^^). But still I guess it is a nice feature for players with little or no experience in combat mechanics.

p.s.-2: What I really like about your simulator is that it offers proper multi-wave simulation, a feature that all other simulators seam to lack...

keep up the good work!

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by FastSimTSOmaps View Post
    Hi Meekah, first thanks for the coments. I will make a guide the next few days, but it is similar to the rest of simulators setting the configuration. I'm not sure if i understand what do you mean with lootspot (i'm not english native hehe), if you can explain me i can tell you if it is done or not, and I will study it.
    Lootspot - as in inviting someone to join the adventure for the loot, that just needs to kill something, generally with 1r or 1c.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    I like the idea of a faster simulator, but I mainly use a combat sim to see what troops i need to send to the camp, seeing as all guides use soldiers and militia, and i only use R, so this simulator is useless to me so far

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland

Tower Bonus not reflected in Whirlwind

Isn't correct - I think stone throwers get a tower bonus

I can't see how to show tower bonus in your sim.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    I noticed a recent addition of HEAVY advertisement on your simulator page.

I understand that a server isn't free, and you've put a lot of work in your simulator and might want to earn a bit. But this is too much. One on the left one on the right an two more between the setup window an the results. And they are not discreet ones, but flashy animated ads that are really annoying.

Also Opera 12 (with Presto-engine) gets denied despite having no adblocker installed at all.

Sorry, but the simulator is inusable for me now - there are alternatives with much less ads and which do not exclude Opera.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    I can't even change general type.. google.analyzing this down..
    25/11-14 , 23/02-16 .. The end is coming and it will look like this .

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    Ola, i'm using your combatsimulator for CLT. I'm having problems with the blocks on D2, D3 and D4.
    D3 (N:2R, 104S, 52E); D2 (V:16C, 12S, 222E) and D4 (MMA: 180R, M:68R, 56B, 146XB).

The block on D3 seems not working properly and i'm losing this one 2R 104S and 52E.
    I've tried to figure out another block but the rounds are very thight.

Is it possible to look into it?

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    I am not sure if this is broken but I am unable to change the general from the tavern general so the simulator has very limited use. It looks like it can be very good but as I am unable to select the general I want to send I have been unable to test it

Reply to Thread