Reply to Thread

Thread: Remove the random element from Adventure rewards

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland

Remove the random element from Adventure rewards

I find this hard to justify as I don't really understand why the rewards are randomised in the first place

Getting endless Saltpeter when doing difficult adventures is depressing and disheartening

If I wanted to gamble I would play the lottery, from my games I expect vaguely equal rewards for equal effort

Please exchange this randomness for fixed rewards. Or at least give one major set of fixed rewards with a smaller random component

FSB

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakshowboy View Post
    I find this hard to justify as I don't really understand why the rewards are randomised in the first place

Getting endless Saltpeter when doing difficult adventures is depressing and disheartening

If I wanted to gamble I would play the lottery, from my games I expect vaguely equal rewards for equal effort

Please exchange this randomness for fixed rewards. Or at least give one major set of fixed rewards with a smaller random component

FSB
    Don't forget that the loot you get now will get important someday. Look at the titanium ore, last year you could barely use them. Now you can use them enough

Town Councillor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Being random helps the economy, if you knew you was getting granite from every adventure the price would crash.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    If I wanted to gamble I would play the lottery
    Life itself is a gamble. You never know who will call you today, what will you find around the next corner.
    If it all would be defined could'nt it be boring ? Or rather, too easy.

This one is good point. Much better than the previous one. I can only agree. IT REALLY is disheartening, - geting crap for hard work.
    Maybe could keep the random element at all, but random from among the good stuff.
    Last edited by Dragonia; 14.01.14 at 10:22.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle
    The only problem is that they have salt in the "good" slot when it's junk. It should be 10% chance of salt max then it would still suck to get it, but would suck a lot less often. Or give it a use because you don't need it to get cannons

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    My gf plays the game as well, and so far her exotix wood stock is incredible. Unfortunately she has zero granite. If I didnt witness myself, I would say she is lying about never getting granite. Out of dozens of adv, I think she has gotten maybe 4-5 granite.

I on the other hand seem to get a fairly even balance between granite, salt, exo and titanium. The randomness works great for me, but not for my gf. She has had to resort to purchasing the stuff from TO. She cant even sell the crap she gets from adv to buy granite, cause granite prices far exceed the rest of the crap she gets.

Not sure if allowing us to pick what we want, like we did with the christmas special days would be good or bad. I'd imagine everyone would just keep getting granite and then selling it off. That would reduce the price of granite quite a lot...but is that a bad thing?

My gut feel says to make the slot 1 loot equivalent. So instead of 200 tit or 1100 granite, make it more balanced. Perhaps 1k of each as a chance or something.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    There's no easy solution to this, yes it's very disheartening getting saltpeter and it will probably be worthless for a very long time due to so much of it being in the economy, the other stuff I don't mind it has some value, maybe increase the amount of Titanium because it seems a little low to me. Choosing loot would honestly be a bad idea. Virtually everyone would choose granite 75% of the time.

As ddakka pointed out there can be some great variation in drops from 1 person to the next, I play alongside my wife and she can fairly often get Dark Castles from BK and it is very rare that I get one, she often struggles for logs but I get plenty. Granite is patchy depends which adventures we do.

Think the only way your going to avoid Salpeter and Titanium is switch to adventures that don't drop them, I often do ones that drop only logs or granite if I'm getting low on either. The compensation for bad drops is usually a lootspot or two to sell, then buy what you need.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    As you have put it BB is never going to give you what you want. If they do as you wish they would be cutting off their potential cash flow from the gem sales of certain items in the chest.

The only way your going to get what you want is if BB release special editions of the adventures at say 2x the cost of the current ones in gems where unwanted items in the loot tables have been replaced with more usable ones. When I say 2x cost i mean if it costs say 500 gems or mf to buy it normally the special edition will cost 1000. Removal of the unwanted items still leaves a element of chance since you still have no way of knowing if your going to get what you are really after.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Reply to Thread