Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Extra Building slots - Are they useless ?

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland

Extra Building slots - Are they useless ?

You get 3 Slots to start with but you can buy more either with gems or by playing premium.

From what I understand you get 1 extra with Premium and then you can also buy another 3 with Gems
    making a total of 7

So....What do you gain from that, the way I see it all you can do is queue 7 build orders.

Seems rather pointless to me and expensive waste of gems.

Or am I missing something?

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    useful if building a lot of mines or wheat fields but nothing worth bothering about.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryuisnod View Post
    useful if building a lot of mines or wheat fields but nothing worth bothering about.

Sorry Are you being sincere or sarcastic because your statement could be either.

Everyone builds a lot of mines and wheat fields so that would mean they are worth bothering with and thefore you are being sarastic.

If you are being sincere then I only agree with "Nothing worth bothering with"

No matter how many slots you have you still only Build one thing at a time, doesnt matter if the queue is 100 long
    it still takes the same amount of time before those buildings are built compared to having three slots.

Wheat fields are built so quickly that you could build a lot in just a few minutes with the standard 3 slots.

At best you are saving the time of having to wait for the last 4 mines to be built before queuing the last 4. (if you had the full 7 slots)
    Last edited by KingSark; 14.01.14 at 14:38.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by KingSark View Post
    Sorry Are you being sincere or sarcastic because your statement could be either.

Everyone builds a lot of mines and wheat fields so that would mean they are worth bothering with and thefore you are being sarastic.
    Not everyone... I haven't built a field for several months. If I had endless copper mines, I wouldn't build many mines either.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Actually i believe the maximum is 10. The 3 you start with, 3 permanent extra ones brought with gems from the chest, 1 while on premium and 3 temporary ones with gems which last only 1 hour I think.

Not everyone needs to build wheat fields, a lot of high level players have invested in silo's removing the need to replace fields, likewise they have invested in watermills so that they no longer need to build wells. If they have been in a position of being able to purchase them they also have endless copper mines meaning at most they only have 3 copper mines to replace. Quite a number of players use adventures or trade to obtain the iron or steel based items they need removing the need for iron mines, the same apply's to gold mines they use trade to keep their expensive level 5 gold mines up. Some produce all the coal they need without the need for coal mines. Aside from the occasional daily quest to have a type I wheat field or well it's possible that there are players out there who have no need to do any building at all.

What the question boils down to is how many building slots does your particular play-style need. There is no one size fits all answer.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Town Councillor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Even when I didn't have silos or watermills and had to build lots of wells and fields 3 was enough. Now I have silos and watermills 3 is more than enough.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    The only situation I can think of is if your playing at work, which some do. Then might be marginally useful for building fields.

Battle Hardened Contributor Jamdoggy's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    I've had 4 building slots since a very early stage in my game, and I admit that when I play on other servers, I miss the 4th slot.

It just means the ability to queue more, and therefore have a longer period of time to do other stuff (send out Explorers/Geologists, find Collectibles, etc...) without having to worry about putting more stuff in the building queue.

As I have a LOT of fields, and try to keep all copper and iron mines running all the time, my build queue is full for a while each day when I log in...

Raving Rabbid
    World
    Sandycove
    I have 5 - 3 standard, 1 bought from guild shop, one for premium.

I like being able to queue up my copper, iron and gold mines and wells and then get on with something else. I wouldn't spend gems on one, but if another was offered in the guild shop I'd buy it. 20k guild coins and not much to spend it on anymore

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by KingSark View Post

If you are being sincere then I only agree with "Nothing worth bothering with"

No matter how many slots you have you still only Build one thing at a time, doesnt matter if the queue is 100 long
    it still takes the same amount of time before those buildings are built compared to having three slots.

Wheat fields are built so quickly that you could build a lot in just a few minutes with the standard 3 slots.

At best you are saving the time of having to wait for the last 4 mines to be built before queuing the last 4. (if you had the full 7 slots)

Well a lot of high level players don't build mines or wheat fields. i have 32 silo's and haven't built a wheat field in 6 months, i do how ever build mines and it is nice to be able to cue 4 gold mines instead of 3, that is an extra ten mins i don't have to be attentive to my build cue and can be doing an adventure. there will be players out there that haven't built anything in months

Reply to Thread