Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Granite Pit and Buddy's Valentines Surprise - First insights

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by sdofmsdf View Post
    ehmm no. the granite mason and the exotic wood cutters should be part of the lvl 50 end-game. not a 'service you have to pay for'.

i find it insulting from bb's side that everything the last 12 months is implemented to buy with real money (gems). i wouldn't spend my gems on any of the new buildings, containing granite or exotic wood. the reason people are upset, is because every new feature costs us real money, but the game promotes a free web-browser game. however, this game with the new gem-scam strategy, is going nowhere near 'free' anymore.
    This^ except that granite mine was apparently coming at lvl 51/52 which BB scrapped. Major shame i must say that they went this path now.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    should be implemented properly:

1) granite quarries to replace odd behaving stone/marble/iron quarries (the 3 areas which only serve to confuse new players) - so 3 on the map, 1 in s1, 2 in s5.
    2) geo can search for them same as other stones, long search time, 8 hours for normal geo.
    3) add in at levels where buildings start needing granite so the reliance on adventures is not there.
    4) building should function same way as other masons.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    A thought ...

Call it a conceptual idea ...

Allow players who have reached a certain level within the game to mine for granite instead of marble. Or to upgrade any coal or iron mine to a granite mine.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    right now I can buy 4k granite with a watermill (895 gems) on trade - stick another 0 on the capacity or take the last digit off the price and you might be on to something.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Errol_Chin View Post
    stick another 0 on the capacity or take the last digit off the price and you might be on to something.
    and make it refillable (with omnis!). and reduce the production time. and lose the cooldown. and.. ah who are we kidding any of this wont happen anyway.
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    lol 1950 gems you would be better buying a deerstalker and selling that for the granite, no space taken up and 5 times the granite without the wait.
    had to laugh when BB decide to copy an idea that everyone already stated was a bad one.
    we are supposed to learn from our mistakes to correct them not to repeat them

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    I often wonder if the guys in development actually play the game on a real server, check the economy or even have the vaguest idea what goes on ? The reality of the granite pit is atm go to merchant buy 2 silo / watermill put on TO within hours net 10k granite. So how do they figure a pit is worth nearly 2k gems ?

I opened over 200 valentines boxs on the test server hoping there was some fairly unique rare drop building, but no it was a pretty even spread of the stuff listed in previous posts, except the adventures RtBN and MSE which I got 7 in total. Now the box at Christmas gave a pretty good risk versus reward and everyone was happy but this one I think is best left alone and spend your gems elsewhere.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    The only concept which is acceptable with granite pit is that they want newbie players to spend their gems. They dont know how to turn silos into huge amount of granite, so they will spend the gems directly to these pits. Just like the amount (1000k+ granite) to a new/low level player may looks a good deal. Just bb knows which player type spend more money, the new players or the high lvl players. If the first group, the business concept forcing bb to develop that part of the game. Epic quest, buildings are good gesture to keep the lvl50 players busy, but not for long. They will leave the game, if bb dont show new islands, pvp or something. As a lvl50 player, i will not spend any more gems to the game until i can get something for it.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    The problem with thinking new players would want this is that new players do not really need granite to start off with. Unless the target is someone who is so new and wants to max out all the buildings they can build right away. In essence, play the game not in the way 'normally' played.

Seems very very odd that they would suggest this. *IF* it was infinite granite (like the deerstalker hut) then I could understand the building

Btw, has anyone ever noticed if BB responds to feedback? Am curious if there is a reason that they feel this is a good item to introduce and we are missing something and thus have a 'skewed'' perspective on things.

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpielein View Post
    One more question about the Granite Pit:

Hi Sharpielein,

Please don't spam

Regards,
    Fexno
    Well Fexno, who is creating the spam? Isn't it Bluebyte?
    They should get a hint that they produce a completely pointless repetition of activity which serves no purpose in the context of the game.

That was somehow my point.
    Will Bluebyte even see the pointlessness of their process unless we rub it under their nose ad verbatim?

Reply to Thread