Reply to Thread

Thread: Message to bb on pricing in merchant

World
    Sandycove

Message to bb on pricing in merchant

Seriously ? You want to make a profit from this game, yet you still price goods OUTRAGEOUSLY in the store?

Get a daily player to price your goods up and price them accordingly for gems, I'm pretty sure you may make some more money that way...

Your silly Wholesale Tab - forget them... vastly over-priced and never will be worth the gems.. None of those in that category ever will. Get rid or revise.

Decorations - same as above, put something new in there at a reasonable price that people want, you may get a small return...

Adventures - Well you kind of killed that atm with the PH2 able to make MFs, put the gem advs as affordable or findable or purchasable for MFs (in particular the lower level volcano advs etc)

Just a few suggestions from me that may make people start buying from the store again..

As usual, tell me I'm wrong or add your own thoughts...
    Last edited by jollyfog2012; 14.01.14 at 17:13.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Definitely correct. I could tell from day 1 I wouldn't be buying most of the stuff in there. The amount of resources they give you you could almost ask for it and get it for free. 500 brew for 195 gems? How about I buy 2 Noble Residences, sell them for 400gc each easily and buy a whole lot more brew than 500!

I don't expect gem prices to be exactly in line with current market prices, but I do expect them to be semi realistic...

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle
    The wholesale tab has been around since day 1, remember that the game is very different when everyone is lv20 with lv1 or lv2 buildings and no resource abundance on the overall server. When a new server is launched, there is a day or two when marble (yes, MARBLE, not granite) sells 1:1 with coins if not higher. Relics of the past that everyone on a running server is obviously going to ignore.

What worries me more is the more recent additions which SHOULD be planned to better fit the mature economies on the currently existing servers. Some things are priced atrociously high when others are made silly cheap. You could work months to get witch towers to replace nobles with, and all that could be achieved for a lower cost than a silo from the merchant (the Master Architect during christmas). It seemed to be about 1 in 5 MA gave the Frozen manor, so that's 475 gems for a license-free building that holds 140 population. Note that leveling up a noble deed from lv3 to gain 10 population costs ... 3825 gems! *insert laughter*

Did you see what they're asking for Exotic and Granite deposits on test? How can we ask Bluebyte to balance the existing shop items when clearly they have no clue of the balance to start with.

World
    Sandycove
    + 1 On all of the above. Revise and update present content to reflect the age and economies of the server, then maybe New content won't be greeted with such derision.
    Are we to be told of adventure changes or not? 1 Month on and still SNEAKY RB changes have not been mentioned

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Have to agree, I would of thought having loads of stuff in the 10-100 gem bracket (for a decent amount) would be better than catching out some unsuspecting person with a 1950 gem purchase.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle
    Yep. I would be buying lots of stuff if it was reasonably priced but they have totally priced themselves out of any purchase from me. £25 would get you about 7 silos. Where is the laughing emote. I bought BF4 for just slightly more than that.

It's even more ridiculous when you look at an endless copper mine at 20k gems. Even on 100% happy hour you'd need to get the £50 package for 26k gems. Luckily the game is playable for free or I would have stopped a long time ago.

I'd definitely put in a few £ per month for bits I wanted if I could actually get something that was a reasonable value. Otherwise I'll just potter along for free as I have been doing so far

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    The wholesale tab was also installed back at the beginning, when trading was impossible before Level 17. Back then, we had to rely on the cutters/masons to get the goods, not buy them from other players straight away. At that time, the starter pack was just about ok value, the rest not, but since changing things to trade at level 12, rather blew their own shop out of the water. Always said moving the TO down 5 levels was a mistake.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle
    Did anyone notice that "auto-completing" a Drill Sergeant Skunk WITHOUT the collectibles costs exactly the same as completing "work in progress" WITH all the collectibles?
    Seems like another pricing imbalance.

That said, compare producing a Skunk without collectibles for 60 gems towards buying a Drill Plan for 125 gems and you'll realize something...

Raving Rabbid
    World
    Sandycove
    Rabbid 500 gems

says it all really
    Wish I could sell them back to the merchant. Even at 10% I'd be minted

Reply to Thread