Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Global 1 chat

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove

Global 1 chat

I just tried to join G1 and was greeted with sarcasm and not much else. Ive been in there a couple of times now, but forget it. Its put me off.. I have had a couple of decent chats in G1 that were nice, but for the most part its filled with same old, same old who want to talk the usual rubbish I guess.

No doubt there will be a few responses from the offending articles... But, you sure know how to make people welcome in chat - NOT

Good luck Sandycove elitists, I hope you enjoy yourselves...

World
    Sandycove
    Ha ha, G1 is an acquired taste, I stay out most of the time, but on seeing this I did check the logs and seven minutes is a bit short to make such a sweeping statement don't you think? Many of the players in global know each other very well, and conversations, discussions and hugs reflect this , I'm sure if you raised an interesting topic or mentioned you felt left out, you would be greeted accordingly, but to jump in mid conversation and `expect' everyone to stop and take notice isn't the way it works

I have had a couple of decent chats in G1 that were nice,
    There you go, different people? People using g1 will change throughout the day/week, if any particular people get under your skin, don't join in, ( you can ignore them using /ignore username function, but this means you only get to read part of the conversation. They could of course read this and decide to all ignore you and you may not like that any less )
    Best advise is find a good guild of like minded people, then you can chat in a way that better suits you on your own chat tab, I talk to myself all the time on mine
    Are we to be told of adventure changes or not? 1 Month on and still SNEAKY RB changes have not been mentioned

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    Nah it wasnt that - Ive been there before and its still mostly elitist Larili. TBH I work hard and just want a laugh here when I play, and if its that much hard work there, Id rather not bother mate..

Thanks for taking the time to respond tho

Raving Rabbid
    World
    Sandycove
    you're not the only one. Sandycove G1 is very (too) cliquey. I avoid it mostly. The conversation general revolves about pretending to hug each other or role playing food fights. You're not missing much. Get yourself in a good guild with lively and intelligent guild chat

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    I spend a reasonable amount of time in G1 if I've nothing going on, I'm sorry your visit was not pleasant Blackbart, Most of the hugging and passing of imaginary food has stopped tbh Jim. It can feel a little clique and be dominated by some for large periods, that being said G1 has a very limited scope for conversation as it is governed by Pegi 7 rules. If you looking for serious conversation as suggested your best looking for a guild, don't be afraid to move on if you don't find what your looking first time. Failing that build up a good friends list and switch to whispers.

World
    Sandycove
    personally I tend to stay out global 1 chatting wise unless i see someone i like talking and say hi to them.
    there are nice people like blue in there alot
    but you do get some, not going to name names who think they own global 1 chat. Which puts me off not the fact of MOD's keeping it pegi 7 chat.
    but all the suggestions above are good ideas, make some friends chat in whispers if needs be, get a nice chatty guild who has fun also and chats about all sorts.
    Don't let the minority of those who think they own global chat put you off playing the game, they not worth that.
    as for hugs as cake fights etc, i haven't seen no food fights in global 1 for a while but they have been told to go to global 2 for role play many times and its been ignored that i seen, but there is them who still "hug" every person they see in the chat no offence but its very annoying you get say about 10 mins of everyone hugging each other, then someone new talks and if they like them it can start all over again. this has also been told to go into global 2 but they didn't do it that i seen.
    but that's just my opinion.
    don't let them put you off your better than that just ignore them.

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    For some unknown reason, I keep getting a Stranglers tune going through my head.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Battle Hardened Contributor Jamdoggy's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Nogbad View Post
    For some unknown reason, I keep getting a Stranglers tune going through my head.
    Golden Brown?, Always the Sun?, No More Heroes? Which one...? :s

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Nogbad View Post
    coffee all over my keyboard now

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Hugs are VERY annoying! Very pleased that has moved on somewhat. Don't let the minority ruin your experience.

Reply to Thread