Reply to Thread

Thread: Fishery

World
    Sandycove

Fishery

The idea behind this structure is it would sit on the water, its first tier depositing five fish to a random shoal within its radius every 5 minutes and, once fully upgraded, would then act like a Silo; able to replenish five shoals at once. This means it would take at least a day before a sizeable batch of fish were available again to be harvested.

Given its function, however, I recommend the item be purchasable only through the Merchant, at the Silo's current cost of 750 gems.
    Last edited by Tiletron; 15.01.14 at 19:52.
    Facebook ID: 1260394561
    Tiletron (Sandycove 3) | Hyncharas (Welt 1)

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    I hope this happens. I posted this idea in the global chat yesterday. Why not? There's a silo and a deerstalker, why not a fish hatchery?

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Sandycove
    I'm all for an item to look after fish. It makes sense for one to come at some point, and I'd be surprised if something didn't. It could be like a silo (refiller), or a deerstalker (produce from nothing), either would be fine.
    Unless I'm missing something though, you're proposing the 1 building be equivalent to 5 silos? I wouldn't think that would happen.

World
    Sandycove
    To help with this discussion, I've created a screenshot from the test server to provide more detail (link). The areas in green over water depict floating buildspaces, whilst the white circles show all the locations of shoals; as you can see, all stick to the shoreline both around the island and in the lake.

However, due to the premium in some areas for floating structures, you need a building that can refill a particular radius of nearby shoals. There are even some at the moment you couldn't replenish anyway except through Fish Food, as there are no buildspaces near to them. To alleviate player concerns, a single structure will now replenish up to 3 shoals, with increased refill-ratios for two of these:

Tier 1 - refills a single shoal
    Tier 2 - increases refill ratio for first shoal
    Tier 3 - adds refill for a second shoal
    Tier 4 - increases refill ratio for second shoal
    Tier 5 - adds refill for a third shoal

I've counted eight possible locations for a Fishery near existing shoals, which account for more than half on the home zone. BB could then improve the amount of floating buildspaces in Area #8, and consider the areas marked "X" to relocate shoals cut off from buildspaces altogether where additional fisheries could also be placed.

Note:- certain areas marked will only be accessible if/when the Demolition Crew (coming soon) can provide more land space for a Fisherman.
    Last edited by Tiletron; 16.01.14 at 11:36.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle
    It would be better if you could specify which deposit to refill really. Unlike fields there isn't a max amount of fish. It would be annoying to refill a deposit that my fishermen aren't even going to use. All my fishermen are around 2 deposits. If it just randomly filled the right of deposit 3 or deposit 5 that would be useless to me as they all fish from the left deposit 3 and 4

World
    Sandycove
    The Fishery would, most likely, be designed to highlight which shoals it would refill based on where you positioned it before confirming; that way you could conveniently place it near shoals you would be expected to harvest the most.

I think a manual way of choosing specific shoals would be a lot more difficult to code for a game like this, given it operates in a browser instead of a stable engine on your hard drive.
    Last edited by Tiletron; 16.01.14 at 16:13.

Reply to Thread