Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: More then 1 active lootspot adventure

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland

More then 1 active lootspot adventure

Hello, not sure if this has been discussed already, but too lazy to search for it

With 4 player adventures comming up could you BB people allow us to have more then 1 active lootspot opened at the same time. It already take a lot of time to swap 3-player adventure, when all 3 player are ready to finish at the same time. Image the problem with 4-player adv. And sorry, but I dont want sit in front of the PC and waiting till I can accept all 3 lootspot, bcs the other players want to finish it too.

If you consider to look at this problem, make it available for all adventure, not just the new ones, thank you very much.

Ideal situation would also be more then 1 active adventure started by myself. But I dont think you would manage to do that, am I right?

Kind regards
    Jiri

Town Councillor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Jiri great idea which I also suggested last year... the criticism I got was the amount of lag doing this will introduce.

My original post - http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...5144-Lootspots

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle
    If they sorted out buff lists so we could hit all buffs with 1 server call and stacked the star menu so each player only had 1 row in the database for each item in the star that would drastically reduce lag.

I thought about this the other day but though maybe it would only allow you to do the 2nd lootspot if you are in an adventure with 2 lootspots yourself. So if you're doing a BK you could swap both lootspots at the same time with 2 other players doing BK. That would stop the rich people just hoarding all the lootspots.

People saying what about the lag are just clueless. The adventure is already there, the lootspots are already there. Why would it make a difference who takes the lootspot. If 3 people are doing BK, that's 6 lootspots. Why does it matter if each of the 6 lootspots go to 6 different players or the 3 players all trade them between each other doing 2 each. That argument just makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    First I want to see a better way of chatting to all in a 3 way adventure than the clunky 2 seperate chats in whisper tab that we have now. Until we get that I see no reason for running more ls than we have now.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    Being able to do more than 1 ls at the time, would be great Would love it - with the caveat that lag does not get worse. So that probably means that I don't want it...

And yes, coordinating adventures with more than 2 players is a pain in the whatsit with the current system. Not sure if there is an easy solution for it, though

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    Most likely this reply will be deleted, so read fast. While doing a 3-player adventure chat in some Global channel from the back. Type /joinchat global-30 and press spacebar (or any number, not sure which one is last) and chat there :P

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Newfoundland
    FOR CLARIFICATION - no player may use another channel other than role-play (Global-2) without BB or Moderators permission. Any player being found to use an alternative channel without prior permission will be asked to leave that channel or risk losing chat.

If you wish to use a channel for a 3 or 4 players adventure when not in the same guild, then please seek permission from a moderator. I should emphasise that this option is available ONLY for players actually doing a full adventure and NOT to enable players to co-ordinate collecting cauldrons. Players who do this will be asked to leave the channel immediately
    Last edited by MOD_Vixen01; 20.01.14 at 21:30.

Forum Explorer
    World
    Sandycove
    Jiri, more then half hour and still here...

Town Councillor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Global 2 is role play? what is that all about then, first I have heard of that. Thou shall art not speak no more about the roses and the fog horn.

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazgod View Post
    If they sorted out buff lists so we could hit all buffs with 1 server call and stacked the star menu so each player only had 1 row in the database for each item in the star that would drastically reduce lag.

I thought about this the other day but though maybe it would only allow you to do the 2nd lootspot if you are in an adventure with 2 lootspots yourself. So if you're doing a BK you could swap both lootspots at the same time with 2 other players doing BK. That would stop the rich people just hoarding all the lootspots.

People saying what about the lag are just clueless. The adventure is already there, the lootspots are already there. Why would it make a difference who takes the lootspot. If 3 people are doing BK, that's 6 lootspots. Why does it matter if each of the 6 lootspots go to 6 different players or the 3 players all trade them between each other doing 2 each. That argument just makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.
    Not "clueless" at all. The game already gets way out of sync with just 2 players involved, add even more server calls and dial-up would seem speed of light in comparison.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Reply to Thread