Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: issue of the meat

World
    Newfoundland

issue of the meat

The last event,the game gave us a rarity provision house,two deerstalker huts etc. That's fabulous but this affects sales of meat adversely.
    First of all, the buff rarity p.h. produces is better than irma's basket.The Players produces the irma's basket less than before.
    Secondly, There are too much players who have deerstalker huts.These make meat unproductive and hardly saleable.

I'm begging you.Please you should create the buff which is within meat or something like that.

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    if there are too many players with deerhuts and lot of meat then maybe think of it for a while and get rid of the meat production and build something usefull. Cause if meat is hardly seleable (your words) then buy it cheap and dont bother making it by yourself

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    You start of with rocks and logs, via intermedary products you end up with meat and Irma's. Have you asked your self can I make more by selling these intermedary products, have you asked your self does this mean can I use these intermedary products to rebuild my army faster.
    Last edited by Dorotheus; 19.01.14 at 09:49. Reason: typo fixed
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    The rarity provision house buff has no bearing on the price of meat, the buff has very limited places it should be used, however being able to produce map fragments does have a knock on effect on meat as people are sending less adventure searches. Bringing a lot of deerstalkers into circulation was always going to have some consequences.

Baskets still sell well on Sandycove I believe as the price hasn't budged, I buy lots of stacks everyday and prices are exactly the same as before the Christmas event. As suggested alter your production or stuff your star menu full until everyone else changes theirs.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Northisle
    Any change implemented will have an effect somewhere. Just accept it's a moving target. I myself had 6 x butchers because sausages sold at a great price, now I can hardly give them away due to a) cheap meat = cheap sausages and b) more map frags = fewer adventure searches.

If you think your meat production is an adverse effect, just think about those that skilled up their geologists at great expense to find lots of map frags, worth 5gc each at the time, now worth about 1gc.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Dideral View Post
    The last event,the game gave us a rarity provision house,two deerstalker huts etc. That's fabulous but this affects sales of meat adversely.
    First of all, the buff rarity p.h. produces is better than irma's basket.The Players produces the irma's basket less than before.
    Secondly, There are too much players who have deerstalker huts.These make meat unproductive and hardly saleable.
    If you are one of the people with those deerstalkers, then you should be happy. You have license-free, input-free production of the resource from now to infinity.

If you are one of the people without those deerstalkers, then you should be happy. You can find low-priced meat on the market in abundance allowing you to cut back on production, saving input materials, licenses, and provision house time.

Bottom line: you should be happy. Yet you don't seem to be...

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    That's what happens when you try to turn it into a trading game. There is so much more to TSO than that, and don't forget the opposite has also happened with certain resources.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

World
    Sandycove
    for me its as simple as this: 1 less refill

now please give us a fishhut

Forum Explorer
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Dideral View Post
    ...this affects sales of meat adversely...
    You never know exactly what affects trading. Before new year the copper ore was around 22-28 gc/k, iron ore was 48-60 gc/k on Sandycove. Just take a look now. And in between these were some higher... Similar price shift was approx a year ago, than after a few weeks went back. Who knows why? Moreover, as mentioned above, Aunt's basket price and availability on market didn't change significantly, nor new badge buff can't replace it everywhere (so the diagnosis is faulty.)

Just one more thought: We have good enought kind of buffs. The real challenge is to build a system useing buffs as few as possible...
    Last edited by Brankovics; 22.01.14 at 10:52.

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland
    That's how it goes. This is an economics simulator so adding free resources will have an effect on the game. The price of brew pretty much halved when they introduced the Friary. The recyclers crashed the cost of coal. This time, they gave everybody a chance to get 100 free gold each day so that added inflation should help keep meat prices up but then all prices will increase. Throwing a lot of towers around will lead to inflation. I wonder if BB has someone who knows economics on the dev team like EVE has.

Reply to Thread