Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Bored level 50, what now?

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Only "sound" in a short-term view. It won't make the 'killer game' that is potentially there with much better long-term prospects.
    Been on the S3 servers recently?
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    That is excellent idea and sounds fun, but would still like to feel i am achieving something when do adventures too. It feels like there is only so much effort that will be put in for level 50 players, and feel they will never give more levels or something equivilant to achieve over long term.

Committed Clicker
    World
    Sandycove
    If level 50 wasn't the highest level then players would likely keep spending on gems and keep actively doing adventures to progress

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    we need pvp dudes ....that's all
    islands we can conquer and colonize ...that's the point....

Forum Explorer
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Peajay View Post
    If level 50 wasn't the highest level then players would likely keep spending on gems and keep actively doing adventures to progress
    IMO it is also a boring new and new levels over and over again, infinitelly. Does not help if them costs growing even exponentially. So we need some way of alternating to a new shape of game, something what based on earlier practice and skills, but can give varied mirth. PvP and/or colonisation looks a good direction, also I can imagine some economic cooperation, negotiations, contracts.

Or, could be some developing-like tools for those who have over all the quests, adventures, and reached all the limits, such geologs, explorers, sci.sys, and/or have certain star coins. This should bring some new "leveling" or "clubbing", such as richness, effectives, good reputation, etc. These should be associated with some obligations and/or restrictions. For example richest's club should restore trading balance on the continued absence of some products; the most armed club (or who have done with most adventures) could get a possibility to design special adventures for lower levels...

Or something like this.
    Last edited by Brankovics; 22.01.14 at 12:57.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    could level 50s play experimental futures for the game and feedback to game devs
    i could imagine the game with seasons and with different crops and climates and timbers and crafts for different cultures/players so there is something we need to trade
    perhaps x number of players is like a continent of nations do they have diplomacy? embassies? foreign aid we already do with buffs and guilds
    fire or flood or migrating fish or finding room for people .. there are so many combat games it would be great if this could be more interesting =))

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Northisle
    things do happen just takes time :{ hopefuIIy some good things are on the way i Ieft the game for 6months came back and they did impIement what aIot of pIayers wanted, so they wiII get their just add a year on for every new idea, but i have seen aIot more pIayers joining the game now which means more money so maybe quicker for them to come up with new content heres fingers crossed good ideas ppI keep em coming

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by lucychili View Post
    could level 50s play experimental futures for the game and feedback to game devs
    i could imagine the game with seasons and with different crops and climates and timbers and crafts for different cultures/players so there is something we need to trade
    perhaps x number of players is like a continent of nations do they have diplomacy? embassies? foreign aid we already do with buffs and guilds
    fire or flood or migrating fish or finding room for people .. there are so many combat games it would be great if this could be more interesting =))
    Sort of do on tsotesting, it got into rather a state but there are promising signs of improvement.
    Some of your suggestions could have legs, but we are hamstrung by Flash. Perhaps TSO 2 will be constructed on a much more robust platform.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    I was looking for something else and found this old thread and read through it - I'm only a level 40 player, and enjoyed it so far looking at different ways of tackling adventures rather than just following some of the excellent guides, but I was also wondering where it was leading further on and this thread has made me a bit unsure for my continued interest (just getting all buildings up to lvl 5 and playing the same adventures time and again).

As the last post was just over 2 years ago, I was wondering what the authors within this thread views are now, in fact if they are still playing at all ??

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Northisle
    aIot have Ieft and not much has changed BB Iike quick fixes new buiIdings, adv but in the end its not changed much

Closed Thread