Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Change Log 13/02/2014

World
    Sandycove
    Looking forward to this monster building. Might take some tweaking to get it to work well with the rest of the production chains. But that is half the fun

World
    Sandycove
    postponed..what else is new..

World
    Newfoundland
    I am aware you guys already offered feedback on these features. Like Larili suggested, this thread was made to be used after deployment aswell.

Sadly, the deployment has been postponed so this thread is pretty much useless at this point so you have my apologies for that.

P.S. Thread closed

World
    Newfoundland
    Due to the Updates seen here, this thread is now reopened.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    So let me get this right... you postpone an update, so close the feedback thread, then post a new change log and feedback thread. That then gets postponed so you close the new thread, revise and reopen the original... both of which still have a link to incorrect information regarding the mail system (even though there's a footnote for those who haven't lost the plot by now).

[ removed ]

Hi toastkid,

Let's keep it friendly please.

Thank you,
    Fexno
    Last edited by Fexno; 06.02.14 at 20:05.

Raving Rabbid
    World
    Sandycove
    I agree with Toastkid. This has all got rather too confusing for me, with umpteen different announcements and feedback threads. Could someone please spell out in very simple terms when we can expect the Epic Woodyards and new mail system as I really can't be bothered to wade through the different change logs and subsequent feedback threads and cross reference all the dates. I really have no interest in the Valentine boxes, but I guess we'll get them in time for Christmas.

World
    Sandycove
    Easy guys, I'm sure BB_Ravel is trying their best, but is being caught up in events beyond her control. You can't say we're not getting up to date information? its just that what is happening is indeed `laughable' ! Look on it another way, first they gave us `find the collectables' now we have `find the right feedback thread' , Its new, flawed but not bugged, didn't see it on pre-staging ( or if it was I failed to find it ) probably been tested on.pl though So all in all its new ( not asked for content ) released as we've come to expect...its called consistency

Release the Valentines box, as there is little point in postponing that unless you release it on 01/04.
    Don't release the mail system until its complete, user friendly and workable, TESTED and reviewed by the players who have to use it.

p.s. If this post is in the wrong place, Sinister feel free to move it
    Are we to be told of adventure changes or not? 1 Month on and still SNEAKY RB changes have not been mentioned

World
    Sandycove
    I can understand that this might be a bit confusing. What happens is that only a part of the original announced changelog will be implemented. Only the features and fixes that are named in the changelog belonging to this feedback thread. That includes the Valentine Box as can be seen in the third post. The optimized production chain and some of the bugfixes will be implemented at a later date.

What will be implemented on 13/02/2014:
    (so this feedback thread can be used for features below)
    NEW NPC AND QUEST CHAIN

• A new quest chain with a new NPC has been implemented
    • It is available for players level 45 and above

EPIC WORKYARDS

• As the first building of its kind, the Epic Woodyard was implemented
    • It handles various wood processing chains
    • The new building can be obtained in the shop
    More details here

NEW MAIL WINDOW

• The mail interface has been completely re-designed.
    More details here
    Later edit: The "Outbox" and "Reply All" features will not be a part of this version by the looks of it.

NEW MYSTERY BOX

• Buddy's Valentines Surprise was added
    • It can be obtained for 95 gems in the shop
    More details here.

BUG FIXES AND MODIFICATIONS

• Clicking on a garrison immediately after moving it now opens the corresponding menu
    • Floating residences in construction lost the construction animation and were shown with the final graphic after a zone refresh
    • If there are more then 4 tasks in the barrack's queue, cancelling one of them will not force the list to reload.
    That way, accidently hitting "instant complete" will be avoided
    • The quest "Near the village" showed up with a wrong icon in the quest book
    • The "Invite a friend" confirmation mail had a blank body text

Postponed:
    not yet announced when it will be implemented, use the other feedback thread to comment on the features below (after it is reopened)
    Spoiler

PRODUCTION CHAIN OPTIMIZATION

A few optimizations in the production chains were implemented
    Please find all relevant information below.

BUG FIXES AND MODIFICATIONS

• Lemon tee now has the correct, non-Christmas description in the promotion window
    • Landing zones in some adventures are now correctly used if multiple players attend it
    • More Secluded Experiments: The battle preview was fixed
    • The adventure description of all epic raids was updated
    • Animations of settlers carrying meat or water were fixed

Please take note that both are still preliminary change logs and the final version may differ.
    Last edited by Fexno; 06.02.14 at 19:48.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    The main problem here is how the testserver staff has handled things. Can't blame BB staff here for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Larili View Post
    Release the Valentines box, as there is little point in postponing that unless you release it on 01/04.
    Don't release the mail system until its complete, user friendly and workable, TESTED and reviewed by the players who have to use it.
    What I can tell, the only things not being postponed now is the Valentines box.. or if the only things being postponed now is the never really tested "Several Production changes"..

Edit: Thanks Fexno!
    Last edited by SmurfAsH; 06.02.14 at 19:36.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    It has always been pretty clear that things can change from Test to live but at this point with this set of changes it really does seem .pl are being used as the testing ground, they're getting versions that were not seen on the Test along with the bugs that almost always accompany changes in coding. While someone does have to be first and they've generally been very good sports about it it's gone a bit over the top now. Testing belongs on the Test Server, not in live games.

As confusing as this all has been, and it has been confusing, cheers Ravel for keeping up with it, and Fexno for clarifying. Change Logs have a history of being posted terribly late, the removal of the first round of Ltd Offers is one example that caused a great deal of discontent, having them early particularly when they involve large changes is generally quite helpful and sometimes absolutely necessary. This round of changes has just been quite difficult for reasons already well covered in numerous posts in several threads.

The logs have also always had a feedback spot, though until recently it was one ginormous thread that just hung around for feedback on each Log as it appeared. [Feedback] Change Logs It really does, I think, make sense to split the threads though the timing turned out to be a little awkward with The Powers That Be backpedaling so frequently this time. Though thank pete they did! No-one wants a bug that requires them to log out for 30 minutes whilst making sure no-one visits their Island in that time to fix it. Jinkies, I do not envy the BB who had to pass that "fix" on.

Regarding the links to the outdated info, they appear to be part of the International Press Release that comes down from On High. Change Logs have never been known for perfect accuracy, though why it should be as off as it is as often as it is remains completely baffling, but this is exceptionally puzzling. The links are so old they do a better job of saying what isn't happening than what is.
    Last edited by Iolanthe; 06.02.14 at 22:18. Reason: Re: ancient links

Reply to Thread