Reply to Thread

Thread: Disappointed by support? Not this time!

World
    Newfoundland

Cool Disappointed by support? Not this time!

After yesterdays little rant about support and a GQ issue (http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...e-Guild-Quests). Imagine my distress this morning when a level 4 marble mason had completely vanished from minions dominion (home island). Oh no!!... did i really want to write a ticket for this? After asking in guild chat and help chat if anyone else had suffered something similar overnight, I decided that i should at least let the support team know just in case more of my buildings started disappearing.

After sending the the ticket which was brief, detailing the level of building location, when it was last confirmed seen, and any modifications made to it, like moving/upgrading etc. I received the automated response saying they would look at it and reply as soon as possible, but there were unusually large amounts of tickets today, i was hoping that it was due to similar issues to mine as this would mean a speedier response and a better resolution.

Shortly after i received a manual response asking for a few more details, how many masons i had, what level etc. and to provide a screenshot of the exact location i was expecting to see it. I was happy to provide these details as it meant they were taking my ticket seriously and also making sure i wasn't telling fibs

90 minutes later i received a resolution to the problem. I had built my marble mason in space allocated for the marble deposit. This can occasionally cause buildings to disappear when a new deposit is found. I say occasionally because this marble mason has been there for 2 months without problems. Apparently this is a known bug, although I could not find it myself on the list (Fexno - please could you look at that for me and paste the link here if I am been poor sighted)

In addition to this, once support had confirmed this to be the case i was refunded materials spent for my level 4 marble mason which was a pleasant surprise. In all this, all I lost was a little bit of time to write a ticket and a day + couple of hours of lost production for 1 level 4 marble mason.

While some may say that it should never have happened in the first place, I am from the side that it is "an ever evolving game that will forever have bugs" especially the more we demand/ask nicely for in game, and it is the way that support deal with the end users that will decide how we view these bugs, glitches and other things that annoy us in-game.

Today's experience was a good one and I hope that it was not because of my rant yesterday and that this is the way things are usually dealt with.

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Good to hear, some of these odd 'zones' have been around since Day1. There is also a "black hole" for woodcutters and a dodgy spot in front of some copper mines that can switch them off if another building is placed there.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Reply to Thread