Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: [OPEN] Timer restarts: Bookbinder takes longer the specified

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Having the same problem. Think it started last week.
    3 days ago I started in my lvl3 BB manuscript taking about 20h
    yesterday morning i checked and it still had to do about 1h45 to complete
    when i checked about 2 hours later it mentioned that it would take 18 hours or so
    today still 18hours and at this insctance 15h

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle

Bookbinder bug

I noticed someone else had this on Northisle chat and I wonder how wide sread it is. For about 4 days my bookbinder timer keeps resetting instead of completing. Im getting a bit upset at the number of manuscripts and books that im missing out on!

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    +1. I'm trying to make a codex on a level 5 bookbinder and it keeps resetting to 16odd hours most recently when I just logged in (so reset is timed as this message minus about 20 minutes) and it was back to 15hours 45 minutes. This is also on Northisle.

I havent had a problem so far with the two lower books, but now its stuck in this loop I can't even cancel it and go back to making those until the "bug" is fixed.

/shout and scream and bawl "I want compensation!" /end shout scream bawl

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    Ok, I have a partial answer for this. It was mentioned to me in chat that it may be related to having done some 'buff creation' with the manor house in the past 24 hours, (how they arrived at this conclusion I don't know but it was ultimately correct) I couldn't see how they were linked myself but decided to investigate anyway.

It turns out that not only had i done some but, crucially, I had not collected a completed one.
    Collect that, wait the remaining time on my 'looping' book and presto! it completes.

This still leaves it bugged however, since there really should be no link between what is being done in the manor house, and what is being done by the bookbinder. And I have still lost a couple of days of time on my bookbinder. It's also a fairly easy thing to miss, because one doesn't normally make buffs in the manor house and it's extremely easy to forget something was running there.

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    Well my bookbinder has gone back to normal. I was upgrading my mayors house to lvl 5 & without thinking started a collectable buff which proceeded to hang as upgrading building = no production. Bookbinder clock goes haywire. Fast forward a week, mayors house upgrades but bookbinder is still playing silly beggars until I remembered I had the collectable buff on, once I collected it bookbinder started behaving itself.

While the bookbinder went to pot my baracks & prov house behaved themselves, only the bookbinder timer was unaffected.

Suggestions: If upgrading the mayors house grey out the collections tab so it cannot be used. Or allow me to cancel a collection.
    Do away with having to collect the finished buff, just send it straight to star.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    my bookbinder also do reseting all time,and i have destroy him and now i cant build anymore

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Musketeer85 View Post
    my bookbinder also do reseting all time,and i have destroy him and now i cant build anymore
    Make sure you reported "The not being able to build the bookbinder after removing" issue to support.
    You can do so by using the contact form on this page: http://www.thesettlersonline.com/en/help-and-support.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    I'm also upgrading major house and have collectable buff waiting to start. If you stay online bookbinder works fine. Yesterday when I stayed online whole day it did not reset. I even managed to finish tome. Today I went offline from 2pm -4 pm and timer was reset, but not whole, it just added 3 hours.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    I had a reply about this:

[ removed ]

Hi Anelli,

Please note that it is not allowed to copy paste a reply from support, as can be read in the rules

Quote Originally Posted by BB_Dantesama View Post
    Exchange with Support/Mod/Admin in private

Any discussion or exchange with a Support agent, moderator or admin is considered private. It is forbidden to copy/paste your exchange on the forum or on the chat.
    Last edited by Fexno; 22.10.13 at 14:08.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    My bookbinder. resect the timer and will not let me pick-up the book. So I hope they can fix this bug soon!!! --- I haven't move or upgrade for a long time. And there is no buff on it.

Reply to Thread