Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: [OPEN] Timer restarts: Bookbinder takes longer the specified

World
    Sandycove

[OPEN] Timer restarts: Bookbinder takes longer the specified

Short description:
    The bookbinder takes a long long time before it finishes the book it's producing. The timer seems to progress normally but seems to reset somewhere. It can do this multiple times.

Screenshot:
    Not available

Possible cause:
    Unknown

Prevention:
    This is just a summary of things that have been mentioned as possible causes.
    • Make sure you don't have collectibles waiting to pick up (check Mayor's House)
    • Make sure you are not upgrading your Mayor's House
    • Make sure you don't buff the Bookbinder

Workaround:
    Unknown

Related:
    Original thread(s): Merged in
    Last edited by Fexno; 30.01.14 at 10:41.

Norway - Birthland of giants......and trolls.
    World
    Newfoundland

Bookbinder trouble. It never finish work.

This is a copy/paste of what I have just sent to support:

Yesterday a somewhere between 20:00-21:00 CET I set my bookbinder lvl 5 to make a tome. I work night shift so I checked it again before my shift ended and it said that it had 11 hours left to finish. I found this strange since a tome at lvl 5 should only take 16 hours+ to make. After I had my breakfast I checked again and it then said 12 hours. After 6 hours sleep it tells me 8 hours left and now more than 8 hours after it should have been completed it tells me that it has more than 9 hours to go.

Anyone else have this problem?

[sarcasm] Well I'm so glad that beta is over so we don't have to deal with the kind of hiccups that we had back then. [/sarcasm]

If they respond , it will probably be in the form of a "Letter from Auntie Strudel-Gerta" with a free bookbinder glue.

I'm really getting seriously tired of the bugs in this game

Come on people join in the wailing choir. It will be totally ignored, but at least we'll have the chance to blow of some steam.

Get this version to work or give us back beta. The customer is always right, because he is the one who pays your salary and he can stop doing that, unlike your boss whose salary he also pay, for no reason whatsoever.

Edit: Removed some text about support never calling back. Fooled by the spam filter
    Last edited by Saraptheold; 06.10.13 at 03:53.

World
    Newfoundland
    An update: It know at 05:35 CET says that I only have 11 hours and 45 minutes to go before it's finished.

World
    Newfoundland
    No, that's not the problem. It seems as if the timer has restarted every time I have cleared my cache and gone offline for a longer period than 5 min. Except for this time. Maybe it has had something to do with the mayors house being upgraded. Now that it's finished the timer on the bookbinder hasn't restarted...yet.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Got a similar bookbinder bug. I also have my mayors house upgrading, used a resin on my L5 BB, and since then the BB timer keeps backtracking. Buff stopped this morning(but reset hasn't), back to 11hr 17 of a 12 hour cycle it started at 2pm (5 hours ago)

Hope I don't have to wait 4 days for the mayors house to finish before normal service resumes...

World
    Newfoundland
    The upgrading of the mayors house seems to have been the issue. No restarts of the timers after the upgrade finished. So now, only 36 hours after it was supposed to have been finished, I have a tome. Funny that manuscripts wasn't affected by it. I have produced several of those with no problems.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    OK, mine's resetting while making a manuscript right now... odd how an upgrade on one building should have any effect on another, but that does seem to be a common thread...

World
    Newfoundland
    seems it started when the collectibles were added to mayors?

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    would be my guess too...

bradanov77
    My BOOKBINDER never finish production
    Problem start 2 days ago...

Reply to Thread