Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Trading resources

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland

Question Trading resources

Guys I didn't know where to post this issue, hope this is a good place becuase I'm looking for some answers and some guidance.

My biggest goal in the game is to produce some resources, give some to friends and sell and earn some gc as well. Making some maths using the resources calc I found this situation to put it simple:

1k iron ore = 54 gc (in average)
    1k iron bars = 121 gc
    1k iron swords = 181 gc

Everything goes well until that part but:

In order to create 4k iron bars (for example) I need 16k iron or and some of coal too but will only take ore into consideration, then:

4k iron bars= 483 gc ( in average)

and

16k iron ore = 858 gc

According to this is way to much better to produce iron ore and sell it to buy bar or swords when I need, it's all I wanted to show and I hope you guys can give me a hand because I was thinking that selling bars and swords was much better or maybe not, that's my big question because the same thing happens with the steel chain.

Best wishes
    FF

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    yes you are bang on. if you buff the whole chain it kinda breaks even. i used to make a lot of steel swords till i discovered i wasn't making any more than if i just sold the ore. its because a lot of adv gives steel and iron swords as loot meaning most sold aren't produced. build lvl 3 iron mines, buff them. sell the ore.

World
    Sandycove
    [ Thread was moved ]

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    You will find it only gets worse things like crossbows, Damescene swords and cannons can relatively easily be obtained from adventures, you may decide to build the buildings to do the quests and then either put them to sleep or even demolish them. Some deliberation is needed before you start any production chain after bronze swords, you may find your licenses are better used elsewhere.

If you do decide to build buffing becomes quite important because as you have found selling the parts that makes them can easily yield more than the finished article if you don't buff.

Forum Explorer
    World
    Sandycove
    Hey, it's fine! A favorite theme. It looks like some tax evasion, when goods are cheaper then is expected on basis of resources costs... But you missed to state basis of your calculations. If I'm well, you get the average TO prices. So, let see, an iron sword chain (for the sake of simplicity, numbers could be treated as thousands):

8 iron ore >> 2 iron bar >> 1 iron sword

This chain also consumes 0 + 12 + 8 = 20 coal. Omit this and building costs, the justification later. So, if iron ore is 54 gc, then above chain is:

1 io = 54 gc >> 1 ib = 216 gc >> 1 is = 432 gc

Yes, this prices are far away from TO prices. Try to calculate buffs. First step is calculating times. Again for the sake of simplicity omit transport duration, what makes asynchronic cycles in chain, also presume level 1 endpoint. Required building levels and its production cycles:

4 mine/6 min >> 2 smelter/12 min >> 1 smith/12 min (=1k sword/200 hours)

Let use Aunt's basket on each buildings. Its average cost is 4 gc (Sandycove TO), lasts for 6 h, duplicate the production. Substituting to the above formulas:

2 iron ore (x2) >> 1 iron bar (x2) >> 1 iron sword (x2)

1 mine (x2)/6 min >> 1 smelter (x2)/12 min >> 1 smith (x2)/12 min (=2k sword/200 hours)

Now 1k sword produced in 100 h, means 16,6... basket, this goes to all three buildings, so 50 basket = 200 gc. So, the input is the mines building cost + 200 gc. It seems to be like two-thirds/half the costs. Replace mines with pure traded ore, so 108 gc, and this case only 33 basket = 132 gc. It means 240 gc for 1k sword, on level one buildings. It is a little bit much, but on higher buildings level you use less buffs to produce same amount. Or you can use more effective buffs, like badge, but its cost even higher, be careful.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Thanks a lo Brankovics but you support my hypothesis that is better to sell raw materials. I was thinking in buy iron ore for example and use it to get some bars then I'll make swords by myself but it is even better to produce ore and but swords directly and it is even faster than wait for all the process.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    And I can sell that stuff and make even more profit I presume.
    Last edited by Forester684; 24.01.14 at 15:20. Reason: Replayin to yes you are bang on. if you buff the whole chain...

Forum Explorer
    World
    Sandycove
    Don't be sure. TO prices and supply fluctuate, so in time of big adventures weapon's prices climb higher. Even there are quests require such buildings, that are pure outlays if they have not parlayed and sleep all the time or demolished afterward. As these are usually expensive buildings and/or chain, so the best practice is, imho, a prudent economic planning completing a frequent trading.

And secondly: if it were entirety as you say, then worth it to nobody to produce such "high level" goods, so you could not buy in TO. So anyhow any meaning production could work better like trading.
    Last edited by Brankovics; 24.01.14 at 16:22. Reason: the second argument

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    That's why I'm so puzzled about making high level stuff. No one looks like willing to trade only raw materials. And thanks to you my friend I'm now thinking in how to spot the moment where weapons and so could make the best profit.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Just passing by to say that I'm working with chains of 1 element like bronze ( 1copper=1 B. bar = 1 B. sword), exotic wood and bread. I'm making a good profit and I think that make your island so specialiced like to produce only bronze based items is a good idea because you can sell it for a good price and use the incomes to get those resources you need.

PD: Be buffed is the best thing you must do to improve your production, also, you need a buff partner and remember to put to sleep those buildings you don't use while you are not on buffs.

Reply to Thread