Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Improved Silo and updates on Granite Pit and Exotic Wood Tree Nursery

World
    Newfoundland
    Just to say thanks for your help and work in clearing up the temporary availability of the improv silo.A lot of still not happy people with the gem costs etc, but such is life.
    At least it is now permanently available due to community getting together with BB and each other, and we can now save gems/resources to get them without selling our souls to scratch and scrimp for a limited period.
    To the community/players, keep telling the BB what we want, and coming up with ideas. Great to see that lots of players actually take an interest and constructively share thoughts and ideas, and don't just sit at the keyboard cursing the game.
    Thanks to all of you who contribute, and yes, it does make my playing more enjoyable.Still issues we need to get sorted out, as with most games.
    But thanks to everyone who still pulls their hair out and burns the candles at both ends to make this a game all of us can enjoy.
    Noww all we need is concrete decisions about what is actually available for Easter, and a logical costing.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    I will not buy a Granite Pit from the store. Even if you stop ALL the granite drops in adventures I will still NOT buy the granite pit. I'd sooner quit this game.

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    The Granite Pit and Exotic Wood Tree are things I hoped I would see come into the game but at the same time it's one of those "careful
    what you wish for" kinda things. The reason I was excited to see these was because I don't do adventures anymore since I hit level 50.
    Yes there may be the odd one a month or I may go on a premium account loot spot run to finally finish that last main quest "the bandit
    nightmare", but I just never do adventures since level 50. What I enjoy by far the most is to constantly tweak my islands effeciency.

Now that being said, as a player who does'nt leave his island to aquire granite, I actually do like the way things currently are.
    Granite can be obtained in many different ways...

1. Loot Spots (player interactive)
    2. Adventures (player interactive OR Solo)
    3. Trade (player interactive directly or indirectly using trade office)
    4. Treasure Hunts (Solo)
    5. Miscellaneous sources such as quest rewards, events and gifts.

Probably my favorite part of settlers is when new buildings are introduced and deciding if/how/what to do with them in my currect
    islands set up. So with a strong appetite for new buildings that I have along with a hunger for granite as much as anyone, here's my
    opinion on those 2 new buildings if they are in fact going to come...

* Exotic Wood Tree, 100% will not have these on my island. Trading planks for logs works just fine and is interactive. If they were
    priced at 100 Gems I still wouldn't buy them. For players who buy gems and use them as fuel for refilling deposits etc. on an ongoing
    basis then sure these wood tree's would suit them just fine.

* Granite Pit, this item could have been designed in many different ways but let's say it comes to shop exactly as it is now...100% no,
    unless they change one thing which is the production time. There is so much in the game that at times we need to start, stop and buff
    that having these 2 valuable resource buildings now into the mix, it's just a lot of added micromanagement. With a 52 minute production
    time I would almost be tempted to log in every 50 min and hit it with a fish platter. If they brought the production time down to around
    10 min then I would start to fiqure out how many I may want if any. But at 52 min I won't even pop up my calculator for that one.

Was very excited to see the granite pit introduced but I'm not a player who buys refils with gems and that's even with 10 gem pits
    purchased with the last batch of 5 pits still currently running, along with 40K in storehouse.
    Last edited by Solzar; 18.03.14 at 19:23.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    New improved silo:

Sorry to be very disappointed but i bought 12 new silos they dont replace my old silos completely. One new silo replace about 2 and 1/2 old ones at best. Same placement etc. in reality you need about 4 new silos for 6 old ones.

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahanibal View Post
    New improved silo:

Sorry to be very disappointed but i bought 12 new silos they dont replace my old silos completely. One new silo replace about 2 and 1/2 old ones at best. Same placement etc. in reality you need about 4 new silos for 6 old ones.
    That´s a wrong placement of buildings on your side. Im feeding 17 farms with 6 improved silos and still have some surplus seeds production.

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by alakama789 View Post
    That´s a wrong placement of buildings on your side. Im feeding 17 farms with 6 improved silos and still have some surplus seeds production.
    Not really... a new silo is 2.66 old silos. If you place them a bit far from store/field, it gets worse. I got 5 new silos for 14 farms but a few of the farms had to be placed farther to make up for the silo's travel times

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    Yes, really. My ratio is 2.88 and i still have surplus seeds production.

World
    Northisle
    Yes, because your farms have a higher walking time >13 mins?

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    Four have production time above 13 min, and few more have exactly 13 min. Out of 17 farms.

World
    Northisle
    Just as I thought... Now if you kept the farms at 12 mins (like the old silos), you would never be able to keep that ratio with the new silos.

Reply to Thread