Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Improved Silo and updates on Granite Pit and Exotic Wood Tree Nursery

Forum Explorer
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by aklbr View Post
    a far better alternative is production time 12min with 3x output
    This is just stick in the mud. If it were as you mentioned, then 'nice pairing' could work only in case level 3 farm + level 1 new silo. Any other case no common divisor, so dwell on it just useless. No way for a simple silo-new silo replacement, , and would not any meaning, at least until arrives some synchronous farm (I hope, never). So new silo role in chain should be treated by analogy of forester in wood chains.

a decent suggestion: offer upgrade silo-3x silo at reduced gem price
    As I said above, if one bought silo, then it had to be treated as it's worth the costs. So what's up?

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Brankovics View Post

[...]So what's up?
    I've invited people to test or read the test forum, maybe that's not clear. The rest were details or quotes from test forum.

I've got 70 farm+silos l5 with 0 wheat depletion, I'm not changing.

What I do care is that the current version has it's 3rd iteration with claims about 'listening to what's said on the forums'.
    Also has exploits and old bugs coming up again. This forum is all peachy.

I would also appreciate another tone.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    nice to see an improvement on the granite & exo wood based on our feedback though it's still not quite there yet. The new silo is very nice indeed it will fix my & probably many others problem with space. I do however have 1 small suggestion which is to make it possible to exchange an old silo for a new one at the same level (after paying the difference obviously). since a lot of people have bought & upgraded all they need already it would save on complaints & bring in more money from people that would otherwise not bother to change them

Norway - Birthland of giants......and trolls.
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by terghi View Post
    Any chance we could get a feature to return the amount of resources we've invested in upgrades if we demolish a building? I'd love to buy them 3x but after the amount of resources piled into my current silo's I just don't know if it's worth the re-investment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gromobran View Post
    I totally agree. I have 50 lvl 5 silos, that is a lot of resources. And i don't see the point in reinvesting as they do their job and i don't need to build new wheat fields.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeratus View Post
    I have one Question about the new Improve silo building.. Are you saying [removed] to all people who spend around 40 000 gems or 200k gold coins to buy silos they need???(btw this players are with from long time and support you).

If you really put this building you must put in new provo house convert from 3 silos to 1 improve silo because a lot of people will not be happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianKid View Post
    +1 Zeratus...i mean i got above 40 silos and now what i should do with them?>
    Quote Originally Posted by Nethelion View Post
    OMG I got 55 silos level 5!!!!Ok seriously we need new content not new buildings that make our old obsolete.Make the new building upgrade of the old one otherwise its totally unfair for people that invested so much time and money on this game.Maybe its time to quit if BB keeps making buildings like improved silo.

ps According to developers silo was producing so little because they wanted the gap between gem players and casual players to be acceptable.If I find the BB reply ill post the link
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesea View Post
    I agree with above posters - improved silo seems like a slap for all people that currently have some of normal ones.
    And since they cost gems in my opinion it needs some kind of fix - we spent gems on those and then resources to upgrade them. And now new one comes that makes all of those obsolete.
    Quote Originally Posted by aklbr View Post
    Just a minor comment before you go pro and con, or offer mod or above input.

You guys should TEST or at least read the comments of those that tested: the silo IS NOT 3x faster; the production time is 4min, which means NO MORE nice pairing farm+silo. You give 5 times +1 it goes this way, while a far better alternative is production time 12min with 3x output.

The price tag is also debated, with a decent suggestion: offer upgrade silo-3x silo at reduced gem price.

What on earth is your problems?

The new silo is not worth the re-investment?
    It is for players that has the resources to upgrade them, but lack that very important resource that is called space. If you still have enough space with 50+ ordinary silos, simply don't re-invest.

What should you now do with your old silos?
    Use them as you always have used them. They still work just fine. The new silos don't degrade the old ones.

The new silos cost to much?
    They cost less than 3x more, yet they produce 3x faster. (True enough that adds to the production time compared to the old silos since they have to do 3x the travel time. I too would rather that they produced 3x more pr. 12min., but that is a different discussion.)

You can't pair them 1 silo + 1 farm anymore? Well, actually you can if you want to waste gems. Alternatively you can group 1 new silo with up to 3 farms, as I guess it's supposed to, if you place and time them right. With the old silos you still have to place and time it right too or your wheat fields will slowly deplete.

And finally, we should test them before we go pro or con?
    Well I have and i have commented on the fact that I think the new silos should produce 3x more rather than 3x faster and the production times of the other two buildings still are to high. Otherwise I'm quite happy with them now.

So we have the possibility, not the obligation, to buy silos that use a third of the space, cost less than 3x more and cost a third of the resources/gems to upgrade. And you are unhappy with that? I, for one, welcome it and hope we get 3x water mills, farms, stables, mills and bakeries too. If we had this much complaints when we got the friaries, we would never have had them.

And by the way. I have 50 silos. Which is exactly why I think this is a good idea. I used to have a lot of breweries too, but thanks to my friaries I don't need those anymore.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle
    If this improved Silo gets on the live server, I will drop out. I have spend a fortune on my island to make it working like it is, and I am not going to have it obseleted after two years of playing. This new Silo is nothing more then a attempt to get you to buy more Gems. Ofcourse, if someone asks me why I stopped playing I will tell them exactly what i have said here.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Saraptheold View Post
    What on earth is your problems?

So we have the possibility, not the obligation, to buy silos that use a third of the space, cost less than 3x more and cost a third of the resources/gems to upgrade. And you are unhappy with that? I, for one, welcome it and hope we get 3x water mills, farms, stables, mills and bakeries too. If we had this much complaints when we got the friaries, we would never have had them.

And by the way. I have 50 silos. Which is exactly why I think this is a good idea. I used to have a lot of breweries too, but thanks to my friaries I don't need those anymore.
    First of all, you can't compare the Friary with the improved Silo. The brewery doesn't cost REAL MONEY to pay so when you scarp it you are not throwing away money. Yeah, it was a money grabbing effort, but the first one could be bought with just a little more then just some efforts (it was EVENT building!!).

This Improved Silo is replacing a building you paid with gems. So they first take your money and then make it obselete!?!! To buy it you need to grab your wallet and pay for it. I will not be doing it, If you do that, the only thing the BlueByte will do is laugh all the way to the bank.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    I really feel the triple output buildings are simply a way for them to create more space on your island and you to spend more gems, I think this will backfire as if like me you have some space freed up you will build on it again anyway, which leave no space on your island so they will be not able to create new real content of substance.

Town Councillor
    World
    Newfoundland
    2 years time there will be a x6 silo for 3000 gems, watch this space

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Sandycove
    Your existing silos aren't magically obsolete. When these come out, your current silos will continue to function exactly as well as they currently do, it's hardly a reason to quit.
    Although unless they make them produce 3x output rather than cutting the production time down to a third, they aren't quite *that* amazing. They're certainly not the equivalent of 3 silos due to triple walk times.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Can't wait to have them

Reply to Thread