Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Skill bonus adventure quests

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle

Question Skill bonus adventure quests

Is there a limit to the number of skill bonus adventure quests one can have? Ie the one from the top tier exlorer skill Streetwise Negotiator. I currently have 2 active, and a friend has had 3, but is there a limit? Can one have more then one for the same adventure? If there is a limit it would be nice if the game showed it somehow. If it's not it would just be good to know to be able to plan ahead (which is what this game is all about).
    Last edited by ZkilfinG; 25.01.14 at 14:42. Reason: clearification

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    what do u mean by "skill bonus" adv? do you mean just how many active adventures can u have at one time?
    Last edited by Vodkat; 25.01.14 at 14:36.

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodkat View Post
    what do u mean by "skill bonus" adv? do you mean just how many active adventures can u have at one time?
    I mean the bonus quests for adventures you get from the top tier explorer skill Streetwise Negotiator. I'll update OP to clearify.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    ahhh i have no idea them sorry. I never opted for that skill.

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland
    ZkilfinG - The most I have ever had is 3 and sometimes I have had them there for 3 weeks before getting around to clearing them. I don't think you can have more than 3 but I would love to be proven wrong.

Vodkat - Skill Bonus Adventures are mini quests that your explorers can bring back if he has been upgraded through the science tree and if you are lucky enough. They provide extra (quest loot) loot for completing the adventure in addition to what you normally get.

An example being the below
    g

The red squares show the bonus quests available to me and the available extra loot from the selected bonus quest. For L50's the XP is just lost and not converted to star coins and you also dont see any addition for Premium being active.

Regards
    fish

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    I had the same question myself, so I have done lots of experimenting with this on test, with hundreds of explorer cycles, and I have talked to and confirmed this with the support guys, and I can share the following conclusions:
    1. You can have an unlimited number of Skill Bonus adventure quests (see image below), however....
    2. You can only have one bonus quest per adventure, and therefore it is inherently limited by the number of adventures out there
    3. The bonus quest is not delivered with epic raid adventures, cooperative adventures and mini adventures - support have agreed that this is a bug, and have raised it to the dev team
    4. The support team also say that seeing the "Sophisticated Pillager" skill listed at the bottom of the mail does not necessarily mean that you will get a bonus quest, however I have not been able to replicated this, as every time I have seen the skill in the mail I have received a quest, unless I already had one for that adventure (point 2 above) or it was a special adventure (point 3) above - if anyone can replicate what support have told me I would be interested to know

Cheers,

Joe
    Attached Images

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacheveral View Post
    [*]You can only have one bonus quest per adventure, and therefore it is inherently limited by the number of adventures out there
    I got in my quest book 2 x Victor the Vicious bonus quest (second one a week or so after the first one, still pending to do), bought a VtV lootspot and got completed just 1 bonus quest. This behaviour is the same for Daily Quests, if you have 2 active daily quests (in premium) asking to do the same adventure, you get completed just one if you do that adventure or buy a lootspot.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    That is very interesting, as after dozens of repeated 'finds' of the same adventure on Test, showing Sophisticated Pillager in the mail (allowing for point 4 above), I could never get it to give a second bonus quest for the same adventure, and the support team also confirmed that this was the expected behaviour.

Maybe it behaves differently on Production and Test?

If anyone has a screen shot where they have two of the same skill bonus quest that would be great.

Thanks,

Joe

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Northisle
    Maybe urgabel is getting confused between a bonus quest and a daily/waiting quest asking you to complete VtV? I too have tested this extensively (on live server) and have never had more than one quest for a single adventure. Indeed, I recently got a Nords (and only Nords), the skill said it had fired, but I didn't get a second quest.

That BB have admitted some bugs here is interesting. I want to be paid back for lost revenue!

Are you a casual or part-time player? Don't want a chatty guild or expect lots of support?
    And do you want the chance to earn a few guild coins but don't want to be forced to do guild quests on a daily basis?

Then join GQS (Guild Quests (STILL!) Suck) on Northisle!
    Mail Gerontius here or in game for an invite.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by urgabel View Post
    I got in my quest book 2 x Victor the Vicious bonus quest (second one a week or so after the first one, still pending to do), bought a VtV lootspot and got completed just 1 bonus quest. This behaviour is the same for Daily Quests, if you have 2 active daily quests (in premium) asking to do the same adventure, you get completed just one if you do that adventure or buy a lootspot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerontius View Post
    Maybe urgabel is getting confused between a bonus quest and a daily/waiting quest asking you to complete VtV?
    No confusion, and just to avoid any doubt I'll repeat: I mean 2 Bonus Quests for the same adventure. I also stated I tried to complete both at once with a lootspot, and discovered it works the same as Daily Quest: if you have 2 Daily Quests (due to being in premium) for the same adventure, you need to do it twice.

This has been in this server, less than a month ago. Unfortunately I have no screenshots.

Reply to Thread