Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Scouts and explorers not finding ANY granite on medium searches.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove

Scouts and explorers not finding ANY granite on medium searches.

I have the following scouts and explorers, I am doing medium treasure searches, which means between 3 and 4 per day and all I am getting is marble and hardwood. Ever since the last upgrade I have had this problem. Why skill up if all I am finding are the basics?

Savage Scout 1
    - Moutain boots x 3
    - Pilgrimage x 3
    - Lucky Detour x 3
    - Extended Weekend x 1
    - Loot Wagon x 1

Savage Scout 2
    - Moutain boots x 3
    - Pilgrimage x 3
    - Lucky Detour x 3
    - Extended Weekend x 1
    - Sturdy Shovel x 1

Savage Scout 3
    - Moutain boots x 3
    - Pilgrimage x 3
    - Lucky Detour x 3

Savage Scout 4
    - Moutain boots x 3
    - Pilgrimage x 1
    - Lucky Detour x 1

Savage Scout 5
    - Lucky Detour x 3

Savage Scout 6 - none
    Savage Scout 7 - none
    Savage Scout 8 - none
    Savage Scout 9 - none

Explorer 1
    - Moutain boots x 3
    - Pilgrimage x 2
    - Lucky Detour x 3
    - Extended Weekend x 3
    - Wild Determination x 3
    - Offbeat road x 3
    - Loot Wagon x 3

Explorer 2
    - Moutain boots x 3
    - Pilgrimage x 2
    - Lucky Detour x 3

Explorer 3 - none

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    3 or 4 a day = 36 to 48 searches

World
    Newfoundland
    According to your list, only two of your explorers have the necessary skill required for them to have a CHANCE of finding granite on a medium search. Which means that only those two would qualify for returning with any granite, and that's not going to happen every day.
    If at first you don't succeed, sky-diving is not for you.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Sandycove
    Medium searches have a chance to find granite without any skills, but it's not all that likely.
    There's a chart here -> http://www.siedlertools.de/wiki/Entdecker

2.7% chance of 50 granite, 1.4% of 100 granite.
    It would seem odd that you're not seeing granite at all, not sure what the actual odds would be though.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierarzt View Post
    According to your list, only two of your explorers have the necessary skill required for them to have a CHANCE of finding granite on a medium search. Which means that only those two would qualify for returning with any granite, and that's not going to happen every day.
    Actully, if you check, listed on most of my scouts and explorers are Lucky Detour

Lucky Detour
    1/3 raises a chance to find Granite on Medium treasure searches about 8%.
    2/3 raises a chance to find Granite on Medium treasure searches about 16%.
    3/3 raises a chance to find Granite on Medium treasure searches about 24%.

I have sent off all my scouts and explorers today 27 searches with 1 granite, all the rest came back with marble and hardwood
    Last edited by RabidGerbil; 26.01.14 at 07:53.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrade View Post
    Medium searches have a chance to find granite without any skills, but it's not all that likely.
    There's a chart here -> http://www.siedlertools.de/wiki/Entdecker

2.7% chance of 50 granite, 1.4% of 100 granite.
    It would seem odd that you're not seeing granite at all, not sure what the actual odds would be though.
    Indeed and before the update I was getting a reasonable amount, not any more, I'm not saying they have one anything, I think there is an issue there that needs to be looked at.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by RabidGerbil View Post
    Actully, if you check, listed on most of my scouts and explorers are Lucky Detour

Lucky Detour
    1/3 raises a chance to find Granite on Medium treasure searches about 8%.
    2/3 raises a chance to find Granite on Medium treasure searches about 16%.
    3/3 raises a chance to find Granite on Medium treasure searches about 24%.

I have sent off all my scouts and explorers today 27 searches with 1 granite, all the rest came back with marble and hardwood
    I think I see what the problem might be. Is that 8%, 16%, 24% of searches or is it a rise of the percentage by 8%,16% or 24%, in which case raising the chance of say 100 granite to 1.512%, 1.624, 1,736%. 1 granite find per 27 searches is still better than the odds would suggest.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    I think I see what the problem might be. Is that 8%, 16%, 24% of searches or is it a rise of the percentage by 8%,16% or 24%, in which case raising the chance of say 100 granite to 1.512%, 1.624, 1,736%. 1 granite find per 27 searches is still better than the odds would suggest.
    I read it as an actual increase by 8%, 16%. 24% on the chance. Before the update I would get 3 or 4 scouts per round (specifically the ones that have been upgraded with books) come back with granite, but not any more, getting 100 granite a day from 35 to 50 searches is a total waste of books, if I spend 21 books on a scout i want some return and finding mardble and hardwood is not going to cut it.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    I have been monitoring the "Lucky Detour" skill for some time and whilst I believe the intention is to increase the chance to 24%, my experience suggests it is not correctly programmed. (It is definitely far higher than an increase by 24%; that, I assume, is simply poor wording.) With 3 books applied to "Lucky Detour" I have obtained the following results so far:
    Type .......... Finds
    HWP 200 ..... 63 ... 23.2% (27.0%)
    HWP 350 ..... 27 ..... 9.9% (13.5%)
    Marble 200 .. 61 ... 22.4% (27.0%)
    Marble 350 .. 36 ... 13.2% (13.5%)
    Coins 25 ..... 10 ..... 3.7% . (5.4%)
    Coins 50 ...... 12 .... 4.4% . (2.7%)
    Iron Ore 150 .. 9 .... 3.3% . (2.7%)
    Iron Ore 250 .. 4 .... 1.5% . (1.4%)
    E Wood 50 ..... 7 .... 2.6% . (2.7%)
    Granite 50 .... 29 ... 10.7% . (2.7%)
    Granite 100 .. 14 ..... 5.1% . (1.4%)
    Total searches: 272

(The percentage in brackets is the stated chance of finding each item without the science skill.) BB will state that it's only a chance of finding granite but with these results I find it very hard to believe there is not a problem. My guess as to why this has is going wrong is that the skill increases the chance of finding granite without decreasing the chance of finding any of the other items thus diluting it's effect to a 20% chance - mind you, with my luck to date, I'd take that!

It's a shame this skill doesn't work as claimed because it could be genuinely useful for the slow explorers.
    Last edited by CharlieMuffin; 23.03.14 at 05:50. Reason: Update and improve presentation of table

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    yes something is wrong, i have 7 savage with 3points in "Lucky Detour" skill, and at begining it was going ok
    now is like is nonexistent, and i went to a savage skills and moved mouse over "Lucky Detour" skill, with 3 point in it
    and it said i have 0% increase, when i first put points it was 24%.... so i think this skill is off now

Reply to Thread