Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Guilds sending unsolicited Guild Invites to strangers

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland

Angry Guilds sending unsolicited Guild Invites to strangers

Ok so this has wound me up. I am a Guild Leader and today 2 of the guild members received unsolicited invites to new guilds and these invites came from people that aren't even on their Friends List.....

BB please change the way that the Guild Invite works. You shouldn't be able to invite a stranger, that just adds to the spam.

Example invites received

And an example of a response from a Guild Leader!

And a further Guild Leader response....

BB_Ravel Please consider updating the rules to make this behaviour unacceptable. Or at least make PVP mandatory so I can go and nuke the offenders when its introduced.

Regards,
    fish

And for anyone thinking of joining a guild, please talk, whisper or email the people in the guild first of all. there's nothing worse than being in a guild where the players don't share your language, time zone or playing style. Guilds are there to help you expand your enjoyment of the game. So if you want to try one out then ask a few questions and be prepared to answer some as well. I love being part of a guild and relish the additional challenges it brings. Its about making on-line friends and supporting each other.
    Last edited by fishslice; 27.01.14 at 17:46.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by fishslice View Post

BB_Ravel Please consider updating the rules to make this behaviour unacceptable. Or at least make PVP mandatory so I can go and nuke the offenders when its introduced.

Regards,
    fish
    At least last sence i'd like (Nuke the Offenders) and i think i now troop ammount of fishs.. that will hurt for those offender
    Last edited by bobo007; 27.01.14 at 17:41.

World
    Newfoundland
    i agree , too much peeps get to much random invites..

they say hi in g1 or help and bam a guild invite.. 1 second you see em without tag and the next with tag.. this is not how its done!! ( when they say apperantly im in a guild now , now idea how , gives a clue too.. new guys just click in mails , dont aften read it)

i would also like to state that it might be handy to have a level limit for when you can found a guild. some do it when they are very low and have now idea how it works.. they go and random invite peeps. ( also the large guilds do this )

there are a lot of 1 player guilds.. those also should be looked at and if not active no more deleted.. i recon that guild will then not go on the next cause there is no next in line..

i do think this post will be moved , but im hoping it will be read

Greets Miranda
    The Hell Unleashed , best guild ever!! see you there! [THU]

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland
    Thanks Miranda,
    I would hope it doesn't get moved - its relevant to "Guild Information & Recruitment". In fact I propose it should be a sticky lol....

I really don't get how BB thinks sending Random Guild invites is anything but stupid. You should only be able to send an invite to someone that has previously accepted a Friends Request.

World
    Newfoundland
    i agree
    The Hell Unleashed , best guild ever!! see you there! [THU]

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Maybe they need to change completely the way the recruitment for guilds is done.As per other posts/threads, a guild recruitment channel/global ,will be beneficial ( not a lot of people are looking on the forum, and even if they do , they do not have the patience to look at all the posts)and will solve the issue of unsolicited mail and random invites.

World
    Sandycove
    [ Thread moved ]

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Maybe a limit on how many invites a day can be sent or maybe a cost in guild coins per invite.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Eggcellent Essayist Mortallicus's Avatar
    World
    Northisle
    It would appear that this has not been stopped. In the last couple of hours 4 members of my guild have received unsolicited guild invites from another guild (the same one). I think BB should stop this practice. My members are free to go where they want its their choice. But this Officer of another guild is not on their friends list and he is spamming and harrassing my guild. If he saw our guild chat it might make him feel differently Just shows they cannot build on their own merit.

World
    Newfoundland
    Yep, too many guilds send unsolicited mails to new players (and old players already in guilds).
    Maybe a new system is needed to prevent guilds from being able to do this. The guild shield already has an 'apply' button. Change the guild application system so it is set up so players may only be accepted into a guild if they apply to the guild via this button. No ability to send invites at all, just an accept or decline option on a guild application. This way guilds can post on the forum as they do, encouraging players to apply via the shield, and guilds can then accept or decline any applications.
    No more unsolicited mails, and guild recruitment stays firmly on the forum.

Reply to Thread