Threads merged

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle
    Love how BB noob devs have reintroduced a bug from January XD Good work

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Tried that... didn't work - don't waste your troops... I think I am just going to ignore what the game says I have.... problem solved! Game says I now have 112 military units when I can SEE I have over 2k. I just killed 6k in an FT adventure.... I want EXACT instruction on what BB is doing to fix this or how we can resolve the situation ourselves because killing off our troops didn't work.... I have NO PVP troops or colonies.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by FluffyBunnyHugs View Post
    I want EXACT instruction on what BB is doing to fix this or how we can resolve the situation ourselves because killing off our troops didn't work....
    Last time they fixed it by stealing settlers.
    I agree.. Ignoring this bug and avoid adding settlers is the best (least worst) way to go.
    25/11-14 , 23/02-16 .. The end is coming and it will look like this .

World
    Newfoundland
    It seems that the killing off your troops 'fix' doesn't work!

Is there any chance of an update as to if and when this problem is going to be rectified? It is quite a pain calculating how many troops I can afford to train after doing adventures without going over my true population limit. I am sure many others are having the same problem. If they are not and have trained up to their current limit, they are going to experience all sorts of issues when rebuilding mines/wells etc when this does get rectified.

I would appreciate it if we could get an indication that this is still being looked into, now that people have confirmed that the killing troops down to the military pop amount doesn't actually work and that it hasn't just been brushed under the carpet?

thanks in advance

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove

The population and military numbers mismatch

Combined, as a total, my assigned units and unassigned units for both adventures and for pvp currently amounts to 3766. The Military units bit of the Population figures shows as 1738 - a difference of 2028 between what I actually have and with what BB reset my unit numbers to show.

As I've lost units in adventures, the assigned/unassigned number drops as it should. The Military units figure also drops by the same numbers as I lose those units.

Now - if I got it right, we were told that as we lost troops, the number of assigned and unassigned units showing would drop back until it matched the figure shown in the BB reset Military units bit. I assumed the Military units figure, being lower than the actual number of units, would remain static (not drop) until the two figures synchronized. Well, that was my understanding.

So ... if the reset Military units figure drops in line with the adventure/pvp kill rate - it's going to reach zero while I've still got over 2,000 troops left. That seems to mean that I will have to kill off all my troops to match the Military units zero figure to get it all synchronized. (That's if that stays at zero and doesn't start going into minus figures.) If I have to rebuild all of my troop units as a result of a technical error made by the programmers - who is going to stump up the goods for me to do it?

Hopefully, I've got it wrong but I can't see how else the numbers are going to balance to re-synchronize it all.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Ravel View Post
    UPDATE: Additional info explaining the Military unit amount mismatch has been posted here.
    Sorry BB, but that "solution" doesn't fix it. I've tried it, but it doesn't work. Your developers need to trace and debug the error, that's been introduced in the code with last week's maintenance.

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by flnielsen View Post
    Sorry BB, but that "solution" doesn't fix it. I've tried it, but it doesn't work. Your developers need to trace and debug the error, that's been introduced in the code with last week's maintenance.
    They know what they did wrong. They just have no idea how to fix it.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Northisle
    From the announcement "Maintenance in December/January":
    16. Dec: Game update* plus extraordinary Guild Quest resets
    *The update introduces an improvement in regards to calculating population.

I came ... I saw ... I stayed in the login queue for an age ...

And finally the game started - and, yes, the numbers were back to what they should be

*tentative YIPPEE*

Reply to Thread