Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: [FIXED] Population and military count are incorrect

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Ravel View Post
    UPDATE: Additional info explaining the Military unit amount mismatch has been posted here.
    your fix doesn't work, the displayed milatary units is decreasing thus unless you lose everything you cannot reset the counter.

World
    Newfoundland
    My gee ...

Instead of population thing to be fixed [I was missing 2300 + 54 XB] ...
    now I'm missing an extra 1000+++ from the population ...
    having done just a SA [w MMA+vet] & with max 300-400 losses total ...
    & building troops as well ...

it is indeed getting worse BB people ...
    Just to let you know

.................................................. ......
    Taking responsibility of one's own shortcomings
    & Not blaming others for one's own mistakes
    is what Fair Play is!

http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...ests-No-Blocks

http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...TS-Old-Friends

http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...ns-easy-Blocks

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    My population doesn't even add up if I count manually. And it got worse after an adventure. It's totally broken and hey, I won't kill off my military units. Unless you compensate me with all the weapons, and say, a gem mine

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    prntscr.com/5f4epa

do i have to kill more troops? no way

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    OK my pop count says 4809/9000 but my ACTUAL number of troops and settlers is 8303. (true number I know because I keep track) That's a 3500 discrepancy!
    What do I have to do to fix this?

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    I just read this -
    Additional information about the Military unit amount mismatch:

Lost Expedition troops were not subtracted from the total amount of military units.
    Therefore, they were also not subtracted from the amount of existing settlers in the population limit.
    This was fixed. Additionally, the calculated total amount of military units was halved for every player.
    Don't be afraid: No units were deleted.
    Since the population limit relies on the "Military units" amount, the quantity that got subtracted was taken off the amount of settlers "in use" as well.

Once the real amount of existing military units decreases and hits the displayed "Military units" amount, the calculation starts over and all displayed amounts should be correct again.

WHY HALVE OUR TROOPS??????

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    that's true. military unit count goes to zero but nothing changed...

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    having a pop of 12170 and full on monday night. woke up to half my pop count. so hoping the bonus week would end the horrific lag and glitches on advs :O( it didnt i struggled thru lag on 2 ft advs lost over 6k troops but pop counter wont go below working settlers.

so i am flummoxed over your instructions

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    is this problem gona be resolved in this night extra maintenance we have to suffer again cos of BB's incompidence
    im worried by the lack of feed back and the general 50% removal of everyone's troops, we pay'd for them ya know
    as we pointed out your fix dont work and nothing since....
    pls tell us whats going on
    players have killed milions of there armies on your instructions ( I QUOTE: Once the real amount of existing military units decreases and hits the displayed "Military units" amount, the calculation starts over and all displayed amounts should be correct again),.. this is saying kill armie to reduce troop numbers . and some have zero'd there troops, even highend troops... are we gona be compensated for our losses .

WE all are seriously lossing confidence in BB's ability to run a game
    Last edited by Salem_Warrior_1; 13.12.14 at 10:17.

World
    Northisle
    This is how I understand the current situation.

Before the maintenance (9.12.2014) the expedition troop losses weren't deducted from the "Military units" count so for those players who had done expeditions the "Military units" count was too high. The deduction was fixed in the maintenance and to get the "Military units" to show the correct number for those who did expeditions BB decided to halve the "Military units" count of all players (source) and this led to the situation where we are now.

Example below:
    Actual troop count (Unassigned+Assigned) is 2800+120=2920
    Military units count is 0,5*2920=1460
    Population limit is unemployed+working+military 80+266+1460=1806 when it should be 80+266+2920=3266

image from flnielsen

After the maintenance when we lose or make new troops the real and "Military units" count reacts correctly to the changes by decreasing or increasing the same amount as our losses or new troops. The difference between the "Military units" count and the real unit count remains the same half of the troop count as we had after the maintenance no matter what we do.

Example using the troops in the image above:
    We loose 500R in an adventure and the real troop count would drop to 2420 and "Military units" to 960 so the difference would remain 2420-960=1460.
    We make 100R after the adventure losses and the real troop count would increase to 3420 and "Military units" to 1960 so the difference would remain 3420-1960=1460.

I don't know what would happen if the "Military units" count would get below zero. Now I know. And it's even worse situation.

As both the real and "Military units" count changes similarly the fix proposed by BB doesn't work.
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Ravel View Post
    Once the real amount of existing military units decreases and hits the displayed "Military units" amount, the calculation starts over and all displayed amounts should be correct again.
    Last edited by Durin_d; 10.12.14 at 18:25. Reason: what happens when Military units get to zero

Reply to Thread