Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Two Marble in One + Natural Marble Vein

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle

Two Marble in One + Natural Marble Vein

http://forum.tsotesting.com/threads/...ll=1#post18807

Name : Two Marble in One
    * 8% chance per level to find two marbles at once (8%, 16% and 24%)
    * The deposit is discovered without Geologist bonuses

It's the same on live servers. Two Marble in One + Natural Marble Vein do not work together (geologist finds two deposits but only one is bigger)
    But for copper the skills work together (quality copper mineshafts + natural copper vein)

Is this intended or is it a bug ?

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by kzzyn2017 View Post
    It's the same on live servers. Two Marble in One + Natural Marble Vein do not work together (geologist finds two deposits but only one is bigger)
    So they do work together, since on finding a marble deposit you get 1 bigger marble vein AND find a bonus deposit. But I guess you (,me and others) expected the bonus deposit to benefit from "Natural Marble Vein" as well.

But for copper the skills work together (quality copper mineshafts + natural copper vein)
    Yes both skills are working together just as the other two, but since both skills modify the same deposit, it looks as if it is working differently then above

Is this intended or is it a bug ?
    Well I would also like to know if the bonus deposit works like it was intended, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was intended.

World
    Sandycove
    I'm wondering about this too, made a thread about it http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...w-do-they-work

If this is meant this be I think the 2 in 1 Skills are really weak, since the bonus deposit does't benefit from any Geo skill.

As a player I want my Marble deposits to have the same quantity so they end at around the same time.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove

Marble skills in Geo - work against each other

Hi,

Not sure it is a "bug" as such however it seems very strange that the skill 24% larger marble deposits (Natural marble vein) does not work together with finding 2 deposits at the same time (Two Marble In One). When I find 2 deposits they have normal quantities hence ignoring the 24% larger skill.

Also another "bug" with the finding 2 deposits. If there is only 1 deposit left to find he finds nothing which is really lame.

So 2 things, skills conflicting with each other and not working properly.

That's all - otherwise keep up the good work and remember to give feedback.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Just join the club of people loving the "two in one" skill: http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...ghlight=marble

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    This isn't even a case of the skill's meaning or intention being lost in translation. The German players think it makes no sense either.

Some at BB think it's obvious & intuitive that an extra marble deposit found would be normal as it's a kind of freebie.

Players think copper skills are cumulative, so why not marble too? And without warning.
    Players think "24% bigger deposits" means all marble deopsits.
    Players think 24% bigger deposits is a tome-level skill & should at least override a manuscript level skill.

I think BB made an obvious mistake in creating a marble skill that a useful marble hunter is better without.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland

BUG: Two Marble in One

Hi!

See the picture. If I have luck and found Two Marble at Once, the second marble deposit hasn't effected by 'Natural Marble Vein'.

Edit: Ok problem with attached picture file limit (24kb)
    Detailed information.
    Geologist: Affecting skills
    Two Marble in One 16%
    Natural Marble Vein 24%
    Tendentious Geologist 30%

Marble deposit: Affecting skills
    Two Marble in One 16%

The most important skill to me the Natural Marble Vein. If the Two Marble in One works like this, then pls clarify in tooltip what does it mean.
    What can I do now?
    It is a bug
    - patiently waiting for repair

it is not a bug
    - reset skill tree :S :'(
    - dont use that geologists :'(

[ Post merged ]
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Fexno; 26.09.13 at 06:43.

World
    Sandycove
    All the 2 deposits for 1 search I've had the bonus deposit starts at the default (330) which makes it pretty useless, so if its not a bug that its happening its just a bad idea and should be changed.

Luckly it doesn't seem to trigger that often even with 3 books invested in it.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Hey, I recently added a skill to reduce the time it takes to find minerals by 10%. Now everytime the geo goes to find marble, they are coming back at the normal lower amounts :/ It *has* to be a bug, since why would we spend time making the tomes if they are going to cancel each other out? :/ I would much rather just have the larger amounts and send him out less than to go back to smaller deposits again, waste of three whole tomes.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland

Geologist's Two in One skills are practically not working

Geologist's Two in One skills are practically not working. It's actually penalizing the way it's (not) working atm.
    That extra deposit is never bigger than base size (other skills are ignored) AND more often than just usually it shows up way after you'd sent out a geologist to find that deposit - saving you no time and giving you a smaller deposit than you should have.

I suggest you to fix this NOW or simply disable that skill until you've fixed it - as it is now, no one wants it.

Reply to Thread