Reply to Thread

Thread: Blocking: a question

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove

Blocking: a question

Hi there,

Only recently I started trying blocking and, even after reading some tutorials, some questions remain:

1. Is it true that adding a bowman extends the blocking battle time?

2. Imagine I need to block a camp to attack a leader camp, but a G+recruit block won't last long enough for the general attacking the leader camp cross safely the «intercept» zone. Can't I send another G+Recruit to the blocked camp, so that when the first general loses the battle the second immediately attacks the blocked camp, allowing the army attacking the leader camp to pass?

Thanks

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    1. If adding the extra bowman increases the number of rounds of fighting then yes. However I doubt if a single bowman would do it. The combat simulators tell you how many rounds.
    2. In the gap between one general losing and the next engaging the camp all generals in the influence area seem to be intercepted. So that won't work either I am afraid.

Quartermaster
    World
    Northisle
    You want the block to last as long as possible so that the main attack is victorious before your block ends.
    A blocking attack can end to soon when you either win or loose before you win the main attack.
    Adding an extra unit doesn't lengthen the block. Every round takes the same amount of time, no matter how many troops or different types of troops are involved. So you just want to max the number of rounds.

Reply to Thread