Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: [Feedback] Change Log 13/02/2014 - postponed

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Those "Several Production Chain adjustments" came to testserver in december but they did never inform what they were up to, so I doubt this really has been tested properly.

Withdraw of resources required for a production cycle
    Currently, required resources are consumed at the end of a production cycle. After the change takes place, resources will be withdrawn from a storehouse at the start of the production cycle.
    Will this mean resources will be withdrawn multiple times when a production cycle gets reseted?

Battle Hardened Contributor Jamdoggy's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by SmurfAsH View Post
    Will this mean resources will be withdrawn multiple times when a production cycle gets reseted?
    What do you mean by 'reseted'?
    If you mean when you pause and restart a production building, then no, while paused, a production building will actually continue working up to the point where the little settlers would walk with the resource back to the storehouse. If, after a few days, you unpause the building, your settler will instantly leave the building and head for the storehouse (and your production timer will show the few seconds left, that it takes to do the walk).

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by jollyfog2012 View Post
    we have been discussing in guild about the changes to the workyards under the production chains. Can someone confirm if this will affect the forresters/cutters scenario as was posted on test forum before here:

http://forum.tsotesting.com/threads/...light=forester

I don't think that's the case jollyfog2012, I went to the testserver to see how they were behaving there.
    Of course this is a simplified explanation.

Situation
    3 level 5 woodcutters that are close to each other, all choose the same deposit to work on.
    The deposit only contains 10 trees.

Current behaviour on live servers
    The 3 woodcutters start to work on the deposit and when they are done they all have a log.

New behaviour on test server
    The 3 woodcutters start to work on the deposit and when they are done they 2 of them have a log, but the third wasted almost his entire cycle and comes back emptyhanded.
    (this was canceled)

New behaviour currently observed on test server
    Only 2 woodcutter will start to work on the deposit, the other 1 will go to another deposit
    Last edited by Fexno; 05.02.14 at 16:20.

World
    Newfoundland
    Guys, sometimes the version on the test server doesn't represent the final version of a certain feature (with final adjustments and/or fixes).

The test server is great to get a general idea on how things will work and what can be expected on live servers in the future, but please keep in mind that the features presented there may differ from the ones in the version that goes live on TSO-UK.

This is one of the reasons your feedback is so important to us. If you think that something is not working as well as it could and you have ideas on how to improve that, please feel free to share your opinion with us. I will make sure to forward it to the appropriate department.

Also, it is entirely up to you if you want to state your opinion on the new features announced before or after deployment (or both). The threads for feedback are open the moment the Change Log is posted because excitement for a new feature is also feedback in my opinion. I don't know about you guys, but while going through the change log, I sometimes go "Yay!" when I see something that I really liked in the Dev Diary.

Also, the "Outbox" and "Reply All" features will not be a part of the next deployed version by the looks of it.

Last edited by BB_Ravel; 05.02.14 at 16:19.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamdoggy View Post
    What do you mean by 'reseted'?
    If you mean when you pause and restart a production building, then no, while paused, a production building will actually continue working up to the point where the little settlers would walk with the resource back to the storehouse. If, after a few days, you unpause the building, your settler will instantly leave the building and head for the storehouse (and your production timer will show the few seconds left, that it takes to do the walk).
    Actually, from time to time the production cycle rather gets reseted than "continue working up to" the delivery time. Perhaps considered a bug, but happens too often to just be ignored.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Ravel View Post
    Guys, sometimes the version on the test server doesn't represent the final version of a certain feature (with final adjustments and/or fixes).

The test server is great to get a general idea on how things will work and what can be expected on live servers in the future, but please keep in mind that the features presented there may differ from the ones in the version that goes live on TSO-UK.

This is one of the reasons your feedback is so important to us. If you think that something is not working as well as it could and you have ideas on how to improve that, please feel free to share your opinion with us. I will make sure to forward it to the appropriate department.

Also, it is entirely up to you if you want to state your opinion on the new features announced before or after deployment (or both). The threads for feedback are open the moment the Change Log is posted because excitement for a new feature is also feedback in my opinion. I don't know about you guys, but while going through the change log, I sometimes go "Yay!" when I see something that I really liked in the Dev Diary.

Also, the "Outbox" and "Reply All" features will not be a part of the next deployed version by the looks of it.

This part is more of what I was getting at How ever I'm not going yay
    This is a very disturbing development in developments. Why do the Devs or BB feel the need to implement `half finished ' content? I do not see the players jumping up and down on the present mail system saying it is unworkable. There has been calls for improvements, and these have been developed and tested and feedback given accordingly from the test server. All credit to the devs, in that they `appeared' to listen and took it back for a rework. So why the rush to put out a half finished product onto live? when it makes more sense to put the finished product onto test first, for both testing and review. We joke about the .pl servers being the new `pre-staging', and I warned of the consequences, after the first attempt with the new mail system...it seems after the latest failure ( Restoration of previous version ) no body listened then and I doubt they will again on what I'm seeing, whether its lost in translation or head in the sand syndrome I'm not sure ( or care), but it is not right.
    Sorry but whilst I was trying to be optimistic that things were changing for the better at BB, The use of .pl in this way is not only a slap in the face for `testers' but it has drained me of any confidence I had that the player base was going to get a future with this game. Releasing bugged content is one thing, but half finished smacks of desperation
    Are we to be told of adventure changes or not? 1 Month on and still SNEAKY RB changes have not been mentioned

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    Thanks for confirming the new mail functionality BB_Ravel. However maybe you should amend the change log to remove the link to what you've now confirmed is inaccurate information?

I certainly have been excited about some of the new content mentioned in the Dev Diary; however with all the delays and changes to what's originally announced, surely this must be getting very embarrassing to say the least for BB in general?

Assuming the dev team do have some form of change control, shouldn't it be fairly easy to give us correct information about what is being implemented and when?

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    So you take what you concider to be a final TEST version, tweak it and send it to the live servers. Do we need a hand count for everyone else who can spot the fatal flaw in this.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

World
    Newfoundland
    Just to make things clear, not all the features currently being tested on the test server are implemented at the same time. Because of this, the version actually implemented on the live servers can not be the same as the one on the test server (as some features need to be left out).

Every Change Log has a disclaimer stating that it is a preliminary change log and the final version may differ. I have, however, added a note saying that the Outbox and Reply All features will not be implemented at this time to clear things up for other users who might have the same questions.

Later edit:

Update: The deployment of this version has been postponed for now.
    For info and updates on the version that will be deployed on the 13th of February 2014, go here.
    The corresponding feedback thread can be found here.
    I will let you know if there are further updates on this issue.
    Thread closed for now.
    Last edited by BB_Ravel; 06.02.14 at 17:18.

Closed Thread