Reply to Thread

Thread: Server migration

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove

Server migration

a server migration would be a great idea.
    of cource not free,we can pay for this with gems ,or any other way.
    also it woud be nice to be a limit.
    for example if you mifrate to X, you can migrate again in X days.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Yes i totally agree with scrolok. Why no being able to go to another servers with our current island?
    Payable ofcourse!!!

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    I would like too, to have that option, nice idea scolok. Of course there are some problems with that, but i suppose we can find some solutions.

World
    Newfoundland
    An interesting idea, may be bring in an increase of revenue for BB.

Data transfer between servers may bring an increased risk of data loss/corruption which would be a massive downside. I could also see this being abused by less than scrupulous traders/lootspotters.

I would like to see some player positive responses for this idea is that you may have. Mates playing on another server and wishing to join them is one I can think of.

Possible increase trading revenues is another which would change the economies on all servers with the option to switch. That I would like to see, a global economy listing, it would be a bit like the international stock market.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Not going to happen with the current T&C's.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle
    Migration between existing servers does mess with the balance of the economy. Older servers are overflooded with high-end resources like xbows/damas/titanium and have lots of lv50 players who can buy premium with their star coins. This would provide an easy exploit route to dump the overflooded resources and to get lootspots for a more profitable rate. Or one could scavenge younger servers for gemstuff.

I would suggest a new game world to which migration would cost 20 000 star coins. To start it off fast, BB could offer it for 5k star coins for the first month or so. It would provide an even playing field to the players because all commuters would be lv50 and have strong economies. I'm also worried about the current servers becoming quieter. They are slowly becoming more and more like ghost towns. As far as I can tell BB does not delete idle accounts from the servers. At least I rarely see many green dots on my friends list since I haven't bothered to remove people from there. It would seem that there's a large mass of players who have left the game for good but whose accounts still remain on the server that I assume has limited space.

Of course, the early adopters of a lv50 server would be moving to a relatively empty server too. Hence I suggested a discount for the launch stage. More would follow as the current servers grow quieter and quieter. This sort of arrangement would provide active players with a gateway to a lively server if the server they currently reside in becomes a graveyard of deserted accounts. The fact that every player will be lv50 provides BB with a possibility to tailor some special content for the server that gives lv50 players real challenge. This sort of special, advanced content would also work as the main motivator for the transition.

Moving lv50 players to their own server has perks for the older servers too. The servers that are left behind gain some new player slots, so there will not be a need to found a new server for beginners anytime soon. Furthermore the current live servers would gain a bit more balance between its players when those who have huge economies and can flood the market with just about any resource advance to the newer server. Similarly, on the newly founded server players could be confident in that everyone they associate with is an experienced and active player.

On top of the "noob-free" environment the server for lv50's should provide some benefit that motivates players to switch servers. If BB has any plans to add a new tier of resources (like current basic-advanced-expert), this could be exclusively implemented on the new server. The new server could introduce new resources, troops, adventures and more that give lv50 players the challenge that the game lacks once everything worth currently achieving has been achieved. Similarly, if there ever will be a PvP feature implemented, a server dedicated for advanced players will provide for more balanced competition among them.

I see some arguments against this sort of arrangement as well. Mainly groups of players that have befriended or are in the same guild might feel torn if some players would like to hop over to the new server and others either can't or don't want to. This is why the transition should be optional and could be done also later on. The star coin cost ensures that the player has indeed reached the peak of development in the game. There comes a point when even the best of companionship will not alter the fact that for many lv50 players the game comes to a standstill and that there is nothing left to achieve. A chance to take the game a step further will feel like a dream come true at that point.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    Not going to happen with the current T&C's.

This

Reply to Thread